Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What direction should I place my HSF?

Last response: in Overclocking
June 24, 2012 12:02:55 AM

My front and side fan is intake, while my top and back fan is exhaust. Should I have my Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO placed so that the hot air from the CPU gets blown out through the back, or should I have it placed so it is blown out through the top?

Thanks!

edit:
top and front fan - 200mm
back and side fan - 120mm

More about : direction place hsf

June 24, 2012 1:23:29 AM

Since heat rises, I would recommend to the top.
m
l
June 24, 2012 4:08:52 AM

The traditional way is to have the HSF blow out the back, as it takes better advantage of the intake fan. In your case, however, I could see a vertically mounted HS actually being a good option as well. So really, I don't have a strong opinion either way, and therefore am not much help. So...I'll just uhh...be here at my desk...if anyone needs me...
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 110 K Overclocking
June 24, 2012 4:28:42 AM

Front to back is preferred. If it's the other way, you're taking in warm air from the GPU to "cool" the HSF.
a b K Overclocking
June 24, 2012 4:50:57 AM

It really won't make much difference either way. just make sure you not blocking any of your RAM slots.
m
l
June 24, 2012 6:38:28 AM

Best answer selected by aznpiggy.
m
l
June 24, 2012 6:39:02 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Front to back is preferred. If it's the other way, you're taking in warm air from the GPU to "cool" the HSF.

i forgot that it would pull the warm air from the gpu. i guess i gotta place it so that the warm air from the cpu goes out to the back.
m
l
!