4.2ghz i3570k, default setting now and i'm crashing!

jktxjl

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
I overclocked my cpu to 4.2ghz and after about 30 mins of playing LoL, my computer crashed. So I decided to hit CLR CMOS to restore my default bios. Now, my computer crashes every time I try to do something like surf the internet or get on a game.

Since everything is restored to default settings, I don't know what else to do... I need some help

MouseTrap

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
After resetting the Bios did you go in and verify the settings are truly set to default? Resetting the Bios does not always properly reset the settings. Whats your CPU & Ram speed voltage? What is the ram speed?

Does your Bios support screen shots?

jktxjl

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
the cpu voltage is on auto.

I just deleted everything on my ssd. When I tried reinstalling windows 7 it gave me the blue screen again... :(
Then I tried it again and gave me an error code saying "The file may be corrupt or missing."

MouseTrap

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

I understand the CPU is set to Auto but whats it showing for the voltage? Also does your ram have a setting for XMP in the bios. It should be in the overclocking tab?

Till the problem in the Bios is fixed I don't think you will be able to install windows again.

jktxjl

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Just found out one of my RAM is faulty. I removed one of em and it installed windows 7 fine!
Now for the return... Who do I call? Newegg or Corsair? and do I have to send back both sticks of rams?