Core i7-2700K 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)

Hello,
for Core i7-2700K 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo), when i overclock it, how does turbo work?
3 answers Last reply
More about core 2700k 5ghz 9ghz turbo
  1. If you OC with all cores at the same speed, it doesn't, really. It may appear that it does if you leave SpeedStep enabled (like I do) because it'll constantly change speeds, but with all cores at the same Turbo speed, that effectively disables the true function of Turbo.
  2. DJDeCiBeL said:
    If you OC with all cores at the same speed, it doesn't, really. It may appear that it does if you leave SpeedStep enabled (like I do) because it'll constantly change speeds, but with all cores at the same Turbo speed, that effectively disables the true function of Turbo.

can u give me more details plz
  3. Not really sure what else to tell you because what I said pretty much explains it all.

I suppose I can tell you that if you disable SpeedStep and set all cores to the same Turbo speed, you'll run at a constant speed (whatever speed you set it to). That can also be accomplished when setting the Power Plan in Windows to High Performance and leaving SpeedStep enabled.

I don't even OC with Turbo myself, I just change the main multi, so Turbo is a non-factor in that case.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Intel i7