Sign in with
Your question

Core i7-2700K 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)

Last response: in Overclocking
June 24, 2012 1:18:13 AM

Hello,
for Core i7-2700K 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo), when i overclock it, how does turbo work?
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
June 24, 2012 3:26:37 AM

If you OC with all cores at the same speed, it doesn't, really. It may appear that it does if you leave SpeedStep enabled (like I do) because it'll constantly change speeds, but with all cores at the same Turbo speed, that effectively disables the true function of Turbo.
m
l
June 25, 2012 1:11:17 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
If you OC with all cores at the same speed, it doesn't, really. It may appear that it does if you leave SpeedStep enabled (like I do) because it'll constantly change speeds, but with all cores at the same Turbo speed, that effectively disables the true function of Turbo.

can u give me more details plz
m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
June 25, 2012 2:25:41 AM

Not really sure what else to tell you because what I said pretty much explains it all.

I suppose I can tell you that if you disable SpeedStep and set all cores to the same Turbo speed, you'll run at a constant speed (whatever speed you set it to). That can also be accomplished when setting the Power Plan in Windows to High Performance and leaving SpeedStep enabled.

I don't even OC with Turbo myself, I just change the main multi, so Turbo is a non-factor in that case.
m
l
Related resources
!