SuareZ

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
hi, im new to this forum :)

anyways, i have a few questions which i will break down into parts (btw feel free to ask more questions if u need more info to help me) :

1. ok so basically i bought my power-colour radeon 4670 ddr3 1gb graphics card a year ago a few months ago and as soon as i started using it, i would get error messages durng games saying
''vpu recover error...' and my graphics card will crash.
I tried googling the problem several times and i tried upgrading my power supply to a 500w and i also checked my graphics card temps during games which was fine.
i found the solution at the end which was to down-clock my core-clock from 750mhz to 700mhz.
the problem is, i want to know how much this will affect my gaming performance on games such as cod, pro evolution, etc. and whether it is possible to over clock my core clock ahead of 750mhz without getting such errors, i tried using rivatuner to over-clock to 770mhz but it still crashed:/
does this mean i will never be able to over-clock my core clock and how much performance will i get from losing 50mhz.

2. strangely enough i tried overclocking my memory clock and i dont seem to get any errors with that. what is memory clock and does overclocking it give me some benefit?

thank you for reading my long post, i hope you can help :)

SuareZ

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011

SuareZ

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
IGNORE THE SECOND POST ^ SORRY ABOUT THAT I'T WONT LET ME DELETE IT

3. oh also even when i set my core clock to 701mhz i still get a vpu error but when setting it to 700mhz the error goes away?? why does this happen