Need advice

:hello: the cpu in my pentilum 4 is broke.everthing else works fine, it is a 2.66ghz installed at the moment , can i upgrade the cpu ?or does it have to be replaced with a 2.66 ?
10 answers Last reply
More about need advice
  1. welcome to the forums!

we first need to know the rest of the specs in ur PC case. like its motherboard, ram and what pin type ur using for the P4 - if its a 478 pin or a LGA 775 version.
  2. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- +1 to Lutfij
    2- If you have money ($600), you can re-sell the other parts and build a good gaming AMD rig with $600.
  3. Lutfij said:
    welcome to the forums!

we first need to know the rest of the specs in ur PC case. like its motherboard, ram and what pin type ur using for the P4 - if its a 478 pin or a LGA 775 version.

its got a elite L4S5mg3 motherboard, 1gb of ram , and is a 478 pin ,
  4. the comp is a Advent 3215 with a elite L4S5mg3 motherboard ,1gb of ram , and is a 478 pin, ty.
  5. TY allan364

at this point of time, all u can do is build ur new pc from the ground up but mayb keep ur PC case - and go for the AMD build...cheaper and equal to a C2Q - and since its with gaming specs in mind its ok for other uses like photoediting/office work and lite load rendering/grafix work.

Now - if ur into rendering u can use ur old rig to make a render farm (google it). That way u dont need to sell ur old rig for anything. When i was in ur seat 4 yrs ago i thought "y not upgrade?" but then i realized it wasnt even worth the silicone it was made from :P btw i gave off my old P4 parts except mobo to my friend who had older rigs.

Any recommendations Saint19?
  6. i know this is off topic but SAINT19...wat dya say abt the HSF question i posted a few days back...CM Hyper or the Coolit ECO A.L.C? :P still wondering
  7. Hi again, this is an AMD build for $610,93 + MIR + SHIPPING

CPU $ 60.99 Here
    MOBO $ 99.99 Here
    RAM $ 114.99 Here
    GPU $ 169.99 Here
    HDD $ 54.99 Here
    Combo PSU + CASE $ 109.98 Here

Total: $610,93 + MIR + SHIPPING

Or you can spend a $35 more in the processor and get the Athlon II X4 620 that's a very good processor.

Total with the X4 620: $645,93 + MIR + SHIPPING
  8. Lutfij said:
    i know this is off topic but SAINT19...wat dya say abt the HSF question i posted a few days back...CM Hyper or the Coolit ECO A.L.C? :P still wondering

Get the Hyper 212+, the Coolit ECO is a sealed LCS system, so, you can't add any other water block for GPU or chipset without void the warranty of the produdct. A very good LCS is around $280, and with that price, you can buy an i7-860 and the hyper 212+. :)
  9. There U go allan364 - ur new amd build

@ saint19 - thanx a bunch bro - will place an order now
  10. Any time Lutfij, that's why we are here.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Product