cbrunnem

Distinguished
i have norrowed my options to those two kits. i plan on cooling just my 2600k overclocked to a max of 4.7ghz. do i need the extra radiator that the rx has or is the thinner profile of the rs enough.

The RS and RX radiators are being phased out by XSPC. They are being replaced by the EX series of radiators, which is essentially a hybrid RS and RX but more of an "RS" radiator. This means you will need higher CFM fans, which can "result" in louder noise depending on your preferences.

Is there a website you would like to buy from?

cbrunnem

Distinguished

whatever is cheaper and noise means barely anything to me. my main question is is the RS size radiator enough for my needs.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

You didn't read the thread. It was said that the ex was at the same price range as the rs and rx series which i did not find at that price

cbrunnem

Distinguished

ah i see what you saw now. my bad as well.

I think i will go for the RS240 as its in stock at 130 and if i need the extra radiator that the rx has then its only 50 more so im about at the same price. What do you all think?

Sorry I've missed this one so far, I'm at work :)
Rx if you have room, Ex if you don't, the Rs is obsolete as you get near Rx performance from the Ex at the same thickness, but as mentioned, they like slightly faster fans
If the Ex kits not available, just Email them and ask if they'll part up a kit for you using the Ex rad
If not then buy the parts seperately
Moto

cbrunnem

Distinguished

so your saying either get the RX or EX and stay away from the RS. I will email them about making a kit for me. the problem with the RX is they are sold out and i have no clue when they will get a new shipment in and i am impatient.

Rs and Rx are being phased out I hear so it may be a case of tracking one down, but you could always buy a Rs kit and add an Rx rad to that, even better cooling and with slower fans, quieter too
I like to over rad personally but you should be fine with a single rad if thats what you choose, but if its between Rs and Ex, Ex all the way
Moto

cbrunnem

Distinguished
well i got the RX and should be here friday. ill make up some brackets if the radiator wont fit in myy case which im 99% positive it wont but i like a small case.

i went with the RX cause i always try to do things right the first time and i think the RX is what i need.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

i got some Noctua fans i can use as well in addition to the ones on my cooler. i will try all kinds of fan configs and i really dont care too much about noise.

Motopychojdn next one, does not result in anything computer related.

cbrunnem

Distinguished
so i just got it installed and might have an issue. there is a large air bubble in the tube exiting the water block that wont go away. i think it is caused by the fact that i put the exit port above the entrance. i dont see this as a large problem since the rad is getting a full tube of water and so is the block.

cbrunnem

Distinguished
also im using distilled water so if i have a leak, i should have a problem with frying anything since distilled water does not conduct electricity. well it might but from what i know its extremely small. what do you think.