Sign in with
Your question

Does GA-M750SLI-DS4 support crossfire?

Last response: in Motherboards
July 9, 2010 6:42:58 AM

I am pretty sure the answer is "no" since it has "SLI" in the model number.... However, this is my first go at a multiple GPU set-up and figured I could handle the embarrassment of asking a seemingly stupid question. It never dawned on me that this board might not support crossfire until I bought my second XFX 5770, installed it and could not get both cards to come up enabled.

If my suspicions are correct and this board doesn't do crossfire, what is a good middle-of-the-road mobo to buy? I currently have an AMD 9550 Quad-Core and would like to be able to continue using it for a while before upgrading to one of the new 6-core AMD's in the future. I've been doing a little overclocking and would like to play around with this processor a bit more before trying my hand at overclocking a new, more expensive one. I've recently had it up to 2.77 Ghz on a Coolermaster V8 cooler.

Thanks in advance for any help!
a c 136 V Motherboard
July 9, 2010 7:09:05 AM

That's interesting.
So now you can enable CrossFire from ATI CCC ? If so,then that's the first time i have heard a user using CF on a SLI board without modified drivers
July 9, 2010 7:36:14 AM

The option for Crossfire wasn't available in CCC. That was my first clue!! I still can't figure why "SLI" in the mobo model number didn't scream at me when I was considering buying the second card. Forest for the trees kinda thing, I guess.

Awesome guide on crossfire/sli. I remember browsing through it a few weeks back. I have no idea which way to go on a new mobo. Looking at Newegg, looks like most of the AM2+/AM3 boards are DDR2. I currently have 4G of G Skill DDR2/1066. I have been shopping for 4 more but DDR2 prices have skyrocketed! It's looking more likely I will be buying a MoBo, DDR3 memory and a new processor. I guess the kids will be begging for my hand-me-downs!
Related resources
a c 136 V Motherboard
July 9, 2010 8:11:31 AM

Well,the important thing is to be able to enable CrossFire,but still its interesting that it boot up fine with 2 cards
As for motherboards,as you said the motherboards with DDR2 RAM are becoming more hard to find everyday and their prices have raised too
July 17, 2010 2:13:10 AM

Well, I bit the bullet and did some serious upgrading...

Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5
Phenom II X6 1055T
8G ADATA DDR3 1600G Memory
2X XFX Radeon HD 5770's

Look for my numbers in the OC section!!
a c 136 V Motherboard
July 17, 2010 6:58:55 AM

That looks a killer rig! enjoy it
!