Onboard speaker

mnestor

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
I just rebuilt my system to enable me to run Windows 7. I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R, with 4 GB of Gskill RAM running at 1066 MHz. The proc is an Intel 2.8 GHz core 2 duo. The system runs fine, all components running at their designed speeds. The only oddity is when I hook up the built in speaker to the front panel connector. At the POST after receiving the one BEEP code, from that point on I get a continuous buzz/beep (kinda hard to describe) from the speaker. The system goes on to boot and run just fine. The other front panel LED'S and buttons work correctly. I thought the polarity was reversed at the pins, but that was not it. My previous system setup did not have this problem.

This is obviously not a normal BEEP error code, so something is up. Has anyone run into anything similar?

Mike

mnestor

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009

This has been resolved, thefan failure/ temperature warning settings in the BIOS was causing the speaker sound, even though nothing was failed or overheated. Simply toggling the features off and on solved problem.