Toshiba m55-s3292 motherbaord upgrade?

i have a Toshiba m55-s3292 and would like to upgrade it. i was wondering what motherboard i could put in it to have a multi core processor, a good video card and possibly have a solid state hdd. i have a 1.6 Pentium m 730 single core processor with 2gig of memory. ive looked around everywhere and havent been able to find anything.
here are the full technical specs

TOSHIBA Satellite M55 PSM50U-06U01V
Board: TOSHIBA ECU00
BIOS: TOSHIBA V2.10 05/08/2006
1.60 gigahertz Intel Pentium M
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Not hyper-threaded

thanks guys
4 answers Last reply
More about toshiba s3292 motherbaord upgrade
  1. bump? no one knows of anything?
  2. If by "upgrade" you mean "keep the box" then find out 1. if it's even ATX, 2. how terrible and/or small the PSU is. Then go read the picking parts threads or fill out the form for guidelines for people to recommend stuff.
  3. False_Dmitry_II said:
    If by "upgrade" you mean "keep the box" then find out 1. if it's even ATX, 2. how terrible and/or small the PSU is. Then go read the picking parts threads or fill out the form for guidelines for people to recommend stuff.

how can i tell if its ATX? I'm mostly a software guy and usually only repair and replace factory hardware parts so this is all a bit new to me i dont know if i mentioned this before, but this is a laptop
  4. Ah. You can't build laptops. So there is no such thing as upgrading a motherboard on a laptop. Each one is proprietary. So you have to have a Mac mentality and just buy a new one.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Toshiba Processors Memory Systems