Sign in with
Your question

Doh! Best way to run dual analog displays with extended desktop?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 19, 2009 7:46:52 PM

So I built a couple of machines with a GA-G41M-ES2H. They were replacing older computers that were running dual analog monitors as an extended desktop. One of the monitors was using a VGA to DVI adapter so I figured I would just grab the adapter and plug in both monitors to the motherboard.

I obviously didn't think it all the way through because the DVI-D on the motherboard doesn't accept the existing adapter and it might not even do an analog conversion if I did find an adapter that fit. :cry: 

So the question is what is the easiest/cheapest way to get dual analog monitors running as an extended desktop on this motherboard which has VGA, DVI-D, and HDMI outputs?

Thanks in advance!

a b U Graphics card
a c 78 V Motherboard
December 20, 2009 4:54:17 PM

You may want to think about buying a separate video card. Most low cost cards I found at newegg (has pics, easy to compare, and has reviews) have DVI/AGP outputs, so you would need a separate DVI-to-AGP converter. One card is $39.99 after rebate and the converter is $2.99. So for ~$43 plus shipping, you can use your two analog monitors.

m
l
!