Sign in with
Your question

Netflix through Proxy?

Last response: in Networking
December 10, 2009 5:32:31 PM

Hello,

Currently we live in the US and are using a Samsung Blu-Ray player that also offers a direct connection to Netfilx, which allows us to view movies from out "view instantly" list.

In a few months we will be moving to Europe and I would like to keep my subscription with Netflix to be able to keep this working.

How do I do that? Should I get a premium proxy service? Or a private VPN? I would prefer to only get the device onto the proxy and keep the rest of the network on the normal connection, but I am pretty sure I can't set a proxy in the device itself.

Are there any hardware solutions for this? To basically plug the device into a little box that plugs into the router and then instantly provides a personal VPN or Proxy?

I anyone can help me with this...!

More about : netflix proxy

January 3, 2010 8:48:18 AM

Hi, I'm in the exact same situation. Did you find a solution? If so, please let me know as I haven't found anything for my blu-ray player. There are many solutions that exist for computers, but nothing for other devices.
m
l
January 3, 2010 11:04:29 PM

Check carefully that Netflix aren't using proxy detection. There are plenty of companies that sell proxy detection software, so I'm guessing that a video streaming company will be pretty hot on working out when foreign users are trying to sneak up on their streams.
m
l
December 9, 2011 1:33:54 PM

Why would they care?
For all they care - the entire world can pay and use their services.
The reason they block outside users is not theirs - its that streaming rights companies do not want to sell them rights outside of USA and in some cases Canada.

If netflix would have it their way - they would open netflix for the entire world!
m
l
!