crazy angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
Hello guys!!
I would like to get a new PC, but don't know what to choose (AMD, Intel). So please help me to find out which pc compl. is better. tell me pluses and minuses about each pc complectation ( see below )

Processor: AMD Phenom 965 II X4 3.4GHz
Motherboard: Asrock M3A780GXH
RAM: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz (Max 16GB)
Storage Capacity: 1TB, 32MB cache
Graphics Card: ATi Radeon HD5870 1GB
CD / CDRW / DVD DVD RW+/-, Blu-ray ROM
Audio 7.1 (7.1 CH Windows® Vista™ Premium Level HD Audio (ALC888Audio Codec))

Processor: Core i7 I7-920 2667 MHz
RAM: 6GB 1333MHz DDR23
Storage Capacity: 1000GB 7200RPM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 GDDR3 896 MB
DVD-/+R/RW
Network card: 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN
Audio: Realtek ALC888 codec
Power block: 450w

Monitor would be: LG W2452T 1920 x 1200 pix

or maybe you guys know something better than those one??

jonnyboyC

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
what exactly are you going to be using the computer for???

if your going for a gaming rig the first amd system for sure. The amd system has a far more powerful gpu which in 90% is going to be the bottleneck with a mid range cpu or up.
The amd phemon is a weaker cpu vs the core i7 but. In gaming cpu will only bottleneck in games like left 4 dead, prototype, gta IV, but even then. you might get like 100fps vs like 150. At this point additional fps aren't going to make much of a different in visuals.

But on the other hand if your going for more of productivity stuff, the the intel system for sure. While the phenom is competitive in gaming, it simply can't compare in productivity to a core i7

The power supply sounds like a real POS. Don't skimp there. Check the amperage not watts and aim for around 60+.

A 955 with ddr3 1333 would be fine.

Video card....... nvidia..... 1792 video memory would be fine. 896 cards are ok but lack in some games already. 5870 if you want to spend more. nvidia no DX11 yet. DX11 looks nice if you have the hardware to push it.....

I'd find a way to get the 5870 with the i7 processor. Better for more games and get higher minimum fPS in demanding games..... 8 thread.

Did you look into the i5 for alternatives ? I'm not that familiar with the performance of that. A waste of money for me to try now this late in the game.

crazy angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
Well i want a good PC for both, gaming (run all the newest games without problems) and productivity stuff (Photoshop, sony vegas, rendering etc.)
I don't know much about PC's, so please, if you give me advices on what to buy then write me the full names of the products so i can ask for them ;)
And those two pc complectations are already made in one online store ( both got one price ).
if there's a better pc complectation to spend the money for tell me!
i have no idea about which motherboard fits to what processor ;/ Help needed!!!
Also what you could advice me about network cards? do it matter to get a pricy one to get a bigger net speed? ( because now i should have download speed 10 Mb/s but i'm having only 1Mb/s)