Sign in with
Your question

ATI 4650 Errors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 19, 2009 10:58:47 PM

Hey everone!
I am fed up atm.. I bought an ATI 4650 HD 3 months ago and i was amazed from its performance for like 1 hour? I played CoD4 for 1 hour and then my PC crashed... The new error for me (back then, now i see it like 2-3 times per DAY..) VPU recovery appeared.. i didnt know what to do actually :S i thought the graphs card was broken so i shut down my pc (it was late at night when i installed it anw) The next day it was ok, so i started playing again CoD4 (with like max graphs and 100fps) and again, it appeared.. I was p---ed off so i searched in the net for a solution and i got told to lower my graphs so i did.. (lowest graphs and 250fps) and again (a bit later on though) the freaking error appeared..and again..and again... i checked the specs of my card and everything was above the requirements (by far) apart from my power supply (which was just a bit above it) so i bought a new one (750W where it needs 400W to run if i am not mistaken).. My pc was working perfectly for 3 days in a row (havent even shut it down) and i was extremely happy.. 1 week later the error appeared.. and then it started again and again and again...
I've come to the point to call 3 different technicians and get advices.. None of them knew what to do apart from telling me to uninstall Drivers and Re-install new ones.. I uninstalled, restarted pc and when it booted up a new pop up appeared with the common buttons"Send error Report" "Dont send"
I tried updating it but i get Install package failure.. Now i dont have a working Graphs card and my pc cant track my ATI drivers even though when i right click on desktop i get Catalyst Control Center option and when my pc boots i get the "Dont send" error again...

if anyone knows any solutions PLEASE, help me :( ((
thx a lot :) 

More about : ati 4650 errors

December 20, 2009 9:02:51 AM

Okay, it seems u messed up with the drivers...
Format your OS, re install windows and install driver for your card again...
December 20, 2009 2:24:38 PM

Re-install windows?-_-
i dont think i am willing to loose everything because there is a small chance this card will work :S
Related resources
December 21, 2009 7:06:35 AM

U pretty mess up with your drivers there...
U can try a program called Drive Sweeper to fully remove all of your drivers from your system, after that u could install the latest version of your driver...
December 21, 2009 10:42:33 AM

my technician gave me a program a while ago and i wiped off the drivers and i installed the CD drivers and update to 9.12 (both of them were completed successfully) and "Send" "Dont send" error report messages are gone but VPU recovery STILL comes up
also i've noticed my graphics are a bit, "new" :S i feel like i bought a new computer.. my graphs are way awesome now :S :p 
December 21, 2009 1:13:34 PM

alright, glad to hear that... :) 
December 21, 2009 2:03:57 PM

wa1 said:
alright, glad to hear that... :) 

why glad?;o
i still get the VPU recovery error :p  (the one that blanks my screen and i have to restart it) xD
December 21, 2009 2:28:33 PM

I have 350W power supply and i am running 4650 at 9cm stock fan of casing.
I have no problems at all
December 21, 2009 3:57:13 PM

Oh, sorry about that last one...
Still, i'm still suggest u to re-install windows and fresh install all of your devices... I know it's pretty damn S**T, but, if u do that and the problem still exist then all blame should go to your card...
Sorry if i'm not been able to solved your problem. :( 

Anyone could help us??
December 21, 2009 4:34:10 PM

wa1 said:
Oh, sorry about that last one...
Still, i'm still suggest u to re-install windows and fresh install all of your devices... I know it's pretty damn S**T, but, if u do that and the problem still exist then all blame should go to your card...
Sorry if i'm not been able to solved your problem. :( 

Anyone could help us??

thx A LOT for your help m8, really appreciate it, most people havent helped at all so far

@mfarrukh
i had a 350W power supply and it was running HORRIBLY..now it just runs BAAAD :p 
so i guess our only difference is our fan? i dont know what my fan is tbh but shouldnt my card's cooler be enough?:/
also, should i try cleaning or anything else my fan? as far as am concerned, when u make a "Test" on catalyst control your fan should be loud as hell (or my fans used to be), when i did Fan control with this one, it was just -bzzzz..-, i could barely hear the fan "spinning".. also on counters on catalyst control my fan was close to 0 :S
so i guess that narrows to:
1) fail fan
2) fail motherboard, tower, blah blah blah = pc
3) false card
4) fail drivers

:/ 
any1 help me out pls?:p 
December 23, 2009 2:22:52 PM

any feedback guys?
i've managed to install properly the updated drivers and still, nothing changed :p 
December 23, 2009 3:37:34 PM

have u try your card on different machine?
December 23, 2009 4:13:44 PM

wa1 said:
have u try your card on different machine?

not rly :/ 
none available..only one (my technicians' pc) is available and its working fine on it but it has no games to test it in-game ;/
December 23, 2009 6:30:03 PM

That's the only way so we may know whether the card is bad or not...
December 23, 2009 7:28:57 PM

wa1 said:
That's the only way so we may know whether the card is bad or not...

lets say the card is not faulty.. what should i do?
btw, thx for keep answering back :p 
December 24, 2009 1:28:27 AM

Since your psu is new then i won't blame your psu...
I'm more suspecting your card now.
December 24, 2009 9:50:45 AM

wa1 said:
Since your psu is new then i won't blame your psu...
I'm more suspecting your card now.

how about the fan?
i opened my pc's case last night and when i was gaming for like 1 hour i touched my card and it was hot as hell.. :S
December 24, 2009 10:34:01 AM

Yes, it could be an overheating...
Just check your card temps and posting here so we could know if it overheating or not...
December 24, 2009 11:10:36 AM

the error just appeared...
my card was at 75 celsius and 0% fan speed
now it is at 47 celsius and 0% fan speed :S
December 24, 2009 11:51:29 AM

0% fan speed? What software did u use to read the temps and the fan speed?
Your gpu fan is spinning, right?
December 24, 2009 11:53:32 AM

wa1 said:
0% fan speed? What software did u use to read the temps and the fan speed?
Your gpu fan is spinning, right?

i've used catalyst control speed :p 
that one must be reading the card's fan, which mine doesnt have one
how can i check my fan's speed?
and yes it is spinning xD (no sound at all though :S it should make some noise ;/)
December 24, 2009 12:00:47 PM

Wait a minute, could u show me the link to your card's model?
It have a fan or not?
December 24, 2009 12:06:09 PM

wa1 said:
Wait a minute, could u show me the link to your card's model?
It have a fan or not?

i cant find any links on the net :/ 
its an ATI RADEON 4650 HD at 1GB (there is another model with a fan at 512mb)
mine has a cooler on it instead of a fan (or else the technician AND the box are lieing xD)
December 24, 2009 1:29:06 PM

If yours doesn't have a fan then it probably overheating...
Your card can produce heat more quickly if u just depend on passive cooler...
December 24, 2009 1:46:41 PM

wa1 said:
If yours doesn't have a fan then it probably overheating...
Your card can produce heat more quickly if u just depend on passive cooler...

the problem is 99% caused by overheating :p 
when the error appears its ALWAYS hot as hell :S dunno if thats just an additional "error" or result anw :p 

and btw, its not supposed to overheat, it has an implemented cooler on it :/ 
what should i do? my pc's fan aint enough i guess ;/
December 24, 2009 4:59:18 PM

U must have a good airflow on your case too, it really help much.
Your card, still on warranty? Just bring it back to get a replacement... :) 
December 24, 2009 9:09:46 PM

wa1 said:
U must have a good airflow on your case too, it really help much.
Your card, still on warranty? Just bring it back to get a replacement... :) 

airflow?:o  explain pls :( 
December 25, 2009 12:08:01 PM

wa1 said:
here's a simple link to explain that:
http://www.heatsink-guide.com/casecool.htm

And how is it, still on warranty or not?
Get a replacement for your card.

Yes it is still on warranty :p 

i dont really get the images btw :/ 
from what i can see on my pc i have power supply on top left, fan below it, next to the fan is the card and behind the card is the motherboard with another fan.. on the right its the disks etc etc :S
December 25, 2009 3:39:17 PM

Alright, then get a replacement for your card... :) 
tell them your problem and they should get u a replacement for that...

P.S:
Passive cooler is quiet but more likely being bad to handle HEAT. If u buy another card in the future then i suggest u to take the card with active cooler (FAN) on it... :) 
December 25, 2009 5:02:49 PM

wa1 said:
Alright, then get a replacement for your card... :) 
tell them your problem and they should get u a replacement for that...

P.S:
Passive cooler is quiet but more likely being bad to handle HEAT. If u buy another card in the future then i suggest u to take the card with active cooler (FAN) on it... :) 

any other solutions? asking for replacement is too much hustle since i had the card ordered and brought from another city and in order for me to find the warranty i have to contact my technician aswell etc etc :p 
December 25, 2009 5:18:00 PM

okay, u can try this:
open your side case and bring your big fan, let it blow everything inside your case...
that's the only thing i can think right now...
December 25, 2009 5:50:47 PM

wa1 said:
okay, u can try this:
open your side case and bring your big fan, let it blow everything inside your case...
that's the only thing i can think right now...

damn it :/ 
i'll try it and see what happens! I'll also try to replace my card after christmas if it doesnt work!
thanks for all the feedback and help m8

and HOPEFULLY i will not have to come back here :p 
merry christmas and a happy new year :) 
December 25, 2009 9:51:45 PM

just tried it, no luck...
Stupid Ati Cards...
December 25, 2009 10:58:25 PM

They are not stupid, passive cooling is for HTPC's or if you are soundphobic.

They cannot handle heat if the case is clogged up.
I say wipe off as much dirt in the case as possible.
December 26, 2009 1:12:47 AM

Yes, agree with sabot00 :) 

Never buy card with passive cooler if u want to gaming...
December 26, 2009 7:32:12 AM

I thought it was for gaming since thats what it said or wtvr...
Have no idea about graphic cards anw

and i've cleaned my case long time ago with no luck :/ 
New Graphics card i guess?
December 26, 2009 8:11:48 AM

Maybe, with active cooler (FAN) on it of course... :) 
December 26, 2009 6:23:34 PM

wa1 said:
Maybe, with active cooler (FAN) on it of course... :) 

lame...
100 "well-spent" euros...
December 26, 2009 6:53:30 PM

You could buy a fan, I have a Maddog fan that takes 1 expansion slot.
December 26, 2009 7:15:45 PM

sabot00 said:
You could buy a fan, I have a Maddog fan that takes 1 expansion slot.

nah, my whole pc must be a total failure...
it started becoming irresponsive (unresponsive?! dunno..)
My sound card needs upgrade, i cant talk through my microphone, there is audio feedback from my pc aswell as my mic's input sound
My graphics card restarts every little bit
My windows XP are an old version...
My whole hardware is old and it is not responding anw...

sucks doesnt it?..
December 26, 2009 9:57:00 PM

XP is not old.
You do not need to update sound cards, that's probably a driver problem, you can always use integrated audio.
Not responding means you probably bogged down windows with a lot of background tasks.
December 26, 2009 10:04:35 PM

sabot00 said:
XP is not old.
You do not need to update sound cards, that's probably a driver problem, you can always use integrated audio.
Not responding means you probably bogged down windows with a lot of background tasks.

I don't care what anyone says XP is verrrry old. 9 years is a looooong time in computer years. Not saying it's useless it is just without definitely old.
December 26, 2009 10:16:57 PM

1. my non-responsive error was caused by the last episode of family guy i was downloading (yes illegal nerd here but not my fault we have shitty channels with no american or atleast good comedies and films..)
2. You think i could find a pci slot easily? Our shops downhere actually suck :p  Windows 7 are not sold yet (only in a few shops..)
3. What to do for my sound cards? Didnt actually understand there :/  I checked the "error" i get and i got told that having Realtek Drivers sucks :p 
4. XP, old or not, they still own Vista and are not THAT worse from windows 7..as much as i've tried at least... I uninstalled Vista from my 2 last PC's and had XP installed and from the early release of windows 7 i found them not THAT outstanding (yes, better, but not that much) and by saying old i meant version not xp as its whole >.> Also, XP are 9 years old?O.o thought they came out at 2003?! Or not?!;o

thx for the feedback so far! much appreciated!
December 26, 2009 10:28:53 PM

Shei77 said:
1. my non-responsive error was caused by the last episode of family guy i was downloading (yes illegal nerd here but not my fault we have shitty channels with no american or atleast good comedies and films..)
2. You think i could find a pci slot easily? Our shops downhere actually suck :p  Windows 7 are not sold yet (only in a few shops..)
3. What to do for my sound cards? Didnt actually understand there :/  I checked the "error" i get and i got told that having Realtek Drivers sucks :p 
4. XP, old or not, they still own Vista and are not THAT worse from windows 7..as much as i've tried at least... I uninstalled Vista from my 2 last PC's and had XP installed and from the early release of windows 7 i found them not THAT outstanding (yes, better, but not that much) and by saying old i meant version not xp as its whole >.> Also, XP are 9 years old?O.o thought they came out at 2003?! Or not?!;o

thx for the feedback so far! much appreciated!

I love me some Windows Vista I've had it since rtm and I've never had any problems :]
It's installed on all 5 of our pcs and running flawlessly.
And yeah Xp was launched in October of 2001. Service Pack 1 was released in September of 2002. Service Pack 2 in August of 2004. And Service Pack 3 in April of 2008.
December 26, 2009 10:39:39 PM

edeawillrule said:
I love me some Windows Vista I've had it since rtm and I've never had any problems :]
It's installed on all 5 of our pcs and running flawlessly.
And yeah Xp was launched in October of 2001. Service Pack 1 was released in September of 2002. Service Pack 2 in August of 2004. And Service Pack 3 in April of 2008.

i had MANY problems with vista even without installing anything on them, plus, working on them is MUCH different than xp and more complicated... on my last pc's i had a vista "theme" pack installed, i only really liked the outlook of them xD
then what to do with my sound card?:/
well i got them on the christmas of 2002(-2003)
December 26, 2009 10:51:42 PM

Don't you have intergrated sound? Try switching to that.
December 26, 2009 10:54:00 PM

sabot00 said:
Don't you have intergrated sound? Try switching to that.

i'll try that :)  as soon as i figure out what it is :D 
!