Asus A8R-MVP can I use a msi r5770 hawk radeon HD 5770 Pcie express 2.1

sarnold

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
Hello,
I have recently purchased the msi r5770 hawk radeon HD 5770 Pcie express 2.1 card and I am not getting my computer to post. Everything powers up and no display is listed and then I get contineous beeps. Is my motherboard able to use this card? I have not hooked up the 6pin power cables to my video card as I have no free molnex connections to attach. If I get a pig tail molnex and free up connections do I need to attach 2 molnex connections to each molnex connection that connects to the power 6 pin connection coming out the back of the video card?

sarnold

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
I figured as much, but I have no extra molnex connections. Can i just buy a molnex cord that has like 4 connections and pig tail off my current power cables plug the 2 molnex connections from the back of the video card into them? Will my motherboard even work with this card? The fans and lights come on the video card when I fire up the power. Thought maybe the computer video would at least post but might overheat the card if it wasnt getting enough juice.