Suupjen

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Okay, so I recently built a desktop (for gaming purposes). Once I was done with everything, I booted it up (and it was connected to a monitor at that time already), there was no input signal on the monitor. I tried numerous of solutions, however none worked, so I am assuming the motherboard is defected. Heres why:

I switched out the graphics card with other graphic cards plenty of times, however, STILL no display. What on earth?! I checked all of my cables, and still NOTHING wrong with it, everything is plugged it correctly. Everything else is working fine. Also, I tried rearranging the RAM into other slots and such, but still, unfortunately, nothing. And yes, I have used the adapter that EVGA has provided along with the graphics card. This is my first time booting up, I simply cannot access the BIOS. Nothing.

Here are my FULL specs:
Antec 300 Case
EVGA GeForce GTS 250
Corsair 650W
Asus M4A79XTD EVO
AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2Ghz Black Edition
G.Skill 4GB RAM DDR3 1600
LITE ON 24X DVD Burner
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB

Please, please help. I am in a desperate situation. :cry:

Is my motherboard defected?

Yes, I've checked this link:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-read-posting-boot-problems

Suupjen

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
It is definitely not the monitor. I've tested the monitor with a laptop and it worked flawlessly, so that's not it. And yes, all of the fans spin correctly without a problem. Including the graphics cards.

Suupjen

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
I never tried the beeping codes, but I did try switching numerous of graphic cards. I tried a total of 4 graphic cards, and there is still no signal in the monitor. I think the problem is from the motherboard.

TheViper

Distinguished
OK, let's try the CMOS battery.

1. Unplug the PSU.
2. Locate and remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard.
3. Clear your CMOS (button or jumper)
4. Discharge capacitors (hold power button for 45 seconds)
5. Wait 24 hours.
6. Reinstall CMOS battery (removing jumpers if used before).
7. Plug PSU back in and power up.

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
This problem is usually encountered by mobos with integrated graphics unless you set the initial display to PEG or disable it.

As for your case, try the steps given by Viper. If it doesn't work, then it's time to get replacement mobo from the store.