upgrading compaq laptop harddrive - BIOS ?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
July 11, 2004 11:48:58 AM

Hi,

I'd like to try to upgrade the hard drive in my presario 2710. I've found
the hardware manual for it (well, for the evo180) but it doesn't mention
what the laptop will support.

seems like it currently has a hitachi travelstar 30GB in it. Can I just
replace it with a 60 or 80GB? Or could there be an issue with the BIOS
supporting the drive?

thanks for any help,
John
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 11, 2004 2:21:20 PM

In article <Kh6Ic.306$Km1.230@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net>,
"JJ" <efnk@wiuwfeww.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to try to upgrade the hard drive in my presario 2710. I've found
> the hardware manual for it (well, for the evo180) but it doesn't mention
> what the laptop will support.
>
> seems like it currently has a hitachi travelstar 30GB in it. Can I just
> replace it with a 60 or 80GB? Or could there be an issue with the BIOS
> supporting the drive?
>
> thanks for any help,
> John

I got a replacement hard drive from http://www.drivesolutions.com. The
site lets you find your laptop model and then gives you a bunch of hard
drive options.
!