Strizah

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Case: Raidmax BlackStorm Graphics: Radeon 6850. Processor: i5 2500k. MotherBoard: MSI Z68A-GD65 S1155. Ram: DDR3 Corsair XM53 8GB. Hardrive: Western Digital: Caviar Blue 500GB. SoundCard:????? So I only have $800 to spend not including the monitor case mouce keyboard so is this a good build and if I left out any parts please tell me cause I probably forgot thank you. Can I play SC2 WOW Sims 3 and minecraft on atleast high settings

Hello, That is a vary nice build and will play you games that you mentioned at max settings easily. But if you want to save some money, don't get a sound card, personally I built a computer for a friend with that motherboard and the sound was great set at 24bit 96htz.

Also think about getting a PSU, you will need that of course, In your case, don't go lower than a 550watt PSU, Get a Corsair or OCZ PSU or something that is known to be good. That system will do you pretty good.

DarkOutlaw

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
Your gonna need an aftermarket heatsink/fan in addition to the PSU. Maybe a CD drive unless you can salvage one. The i5 stock heatsink/fan sucks horribly, and you will reach unsafe temps with any intense game.

Strizah

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012

Thanks for the feedback and I new I forgot something but I need the sound card because Iam also a console player and I plan on recording with a hd pvr oh and also are all the parts compatible because this is my first build ever and I don't no much about computers just by my research those are good parts thank you

Strizah

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Really you think 500w is enough I saw some guy on YouTube only have 500w but most people say upgrade but any way I Also got a a CDROM and will these parts be compatiable and what is a good but cheaper sound card to use and how long will it be before I will have to upgrade the parts for the newer games that come out and what is a good but semi cheap gaming mouse and keyboard thanks