How to create space on the server c drive

I tried cleaning my Server C:drive for space, including the deleting showdows copies. now am left with 5GB out of my 60GB C: drive for the server. It does the backup every evening at 8pm and 11pm, the backups are stored on the patition D: drive. can you please help? am running out of options. Many thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about create space server drive
  1. Are you saying that you (or someone else) partitioned the drive as C: and D:? If so, then add another hard disk and:

- Copy all files from the D: drive (partition) to it;
    - Assign a different drive letter to the D: drive
    - Assign drive letter D: to the new drive and recreate the shares if need be
    - If everything works properly, then delete the partition that you no longer need
    - Extend the C: partition to use the whole drive.

What server OS are you using? Windows 2003 Server?
  2. Johnny Wanma said:
    I tried cleaning my Server C:drive for space, including the deleting showdows copies. now am left with 5GB out of my 60GB C: drive for the server. It does the backup every evening at 8pm and 11pm, the backups are stored on the patition D: drive. can you please help? am running out of options. Many thanks!

I think you need to resize your partition. Is there a large numbers of free space on drive D? If that you could use some third party software to shrink drive D to release some unallocaed space, then add the space into C drive to increase C drive,
  3. if your drive d has enough free space, u may get some space by decreasing d drive, and add it to C by using server manager tool.

if not, just do it like what GhislainG say, add another disk for it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Servers Storage