darkedge

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Just when I was looking to buy a gpu, my hard drive dies on me. Does my p5e vm do mobo support SATA or IDE? Because it says it supports both but I don't think it's possible to support both formats.

Solution
Of course it's possible. Recently I was running an old ide optical dvd burner off an ide port while running a new sata hardrive off one of the sata ports. If you need a new hardrive and don't need much storage space, Newegg or amazon had the Intel 80 gb ssd for $199 recently. Kingston also makes good ssd's. If you don't have a bracket for the smaller ssd, you can just use mounting tape and place them on top of your old hardrive.
Of course it's possible. Recently I was running an old ide optical dvd burner off an ide port while running a new sata hardrive off one of the sata ports. If you need a new hardrive and don't need much storage space, Newegg or amazon had the Intel 80 gb ssd for $199 recently. Kingston also makes good ssd's. If you don't have a bracket for the smaller ssd, you can just use mounting tape and place them on top of your old hardrive.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS