sadie143

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
hello, i'm looking to replace my current motherboard "g33M05G1" and my cpu "q9300" im looking for something that's going to last me for a while not something that's soon going to be outdated, also some decent ram would be great.I recently brought a hd 5770 so that should be ok for now i guess. i have between 500- 550 to spend but if i can get under that price tag my hubby would be happy :lol: any help would be appreciated ty

Solution
Your current setup is pretty good. If your current motherboard is oem (hp, dell, acer, etc), then you will lose the ability to reinstall your old windows operating system when you change motherboards. If that's not a problem, I suggest a new p55 chipset motherboard with the i5 750 cpu and 2x2 gb of 1600 ddr3. Don't know if you can get all that for $550 in europe, but in the usa, it's doable.
Your current setup is pretty good. If your current motherboard is oem (hp, dell, acer, etc), then you will lose the ability to reinstall your old windows operating system when you change motherboards. If that's not a problem, I suggest a new p55 chipset motherboard with the i5 750 cpu and 2x2 gb of 1600 ddr3. Don't know if you can get all that for $550 in europe, but in the usa, it's doable.

Solution

sadie143

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010

yeah my mobo is oem (gateway) i have win 7 ultimate on disk so thats not a prob will look at i5 750 and the p55 thank you :sol:

raclimja

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009

what things are you going to do with your computer?
(gaming, video encoding, video editing, multitasking, work computer, etc)

rate based on priority 1/10 (1-TOP 10-LOW)

will you overclock?

what do you mean specifically by outdated?(unable to perform such task such as?, uncapable of doing task such as?)