Beggin for some help right now

brightfutureahead

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
I just put together a new system for a friend. However, when I start everything up, I receive one long continuous beep that never stops. Everything else works just fine. I have not loaded an OS yet, and am able to do so. Any advice on the issue? I saw another thread on this, about five replies long, but it did not help me.

System:

Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe v2
Memory: Corsair XMS3 6GB
Video Card: Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 4890 1 gig 256 bit
Hard Drives: One Western Digital Velociraptor 150g and one Western Digital 320 g Blue Caviar
CPU: Intel Core i7 920
CD/DVD Drive: Sony Optiarc 24x

All in an Antec 902 case

brightfutureahead

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009

They are plugged in, both of them. I had unplugged them at one point, and the beep stopped. I haven't tried the memory sticks yet, would that be the cause? (I can't get to the computer for an hour or two, so I am making a list of things to look at when I am.)

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
You might have to set the Ram timings and voltages manually. Those ASUS boards are not compatible with some Ram, but should be with those Corsiar XMS3. You should run Memtest86+ to see if your ram is all good.

brightfutureahead

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Can you tell me how to set the voltages and timings manually? I checked it out in the manual, but I could not entirely understand what was being said, as most of the details were left out due to the fact that most people reading would be a lot more well versed in that aspect.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
It's kinda hard explaining this with out pictures.
There's settings in the AI Tweaker.
There's one called DRAM Frequency. Set to to what your ram is suppose to run at.
Then find the one called dram bus voltage and set to what your ram is. don't go above 1.65V
Change the dram time control to what your ram says on the sticker.