My gaming PC rig build. Your opinions?

16 answers Last reply
More about gaming build opinions
  1. Broken links.
  2. updated
  3. A budget is helpful. Also refer to the link in my sig for other stuff we need to know.

I'd go with the 550, but if we had a budget, we might be able to do a whole lot better on the other parts...

That case is really expensive for what I'm guessing your budget is. Check out the Antec 300 Illusion for $55.
  4. I don't need a case. Oh btw. I don't like overclocking since it messes up the cpu's life
  5. K. I'll get the quad core. I never overclocked though. Is it easy? do you just go to bios and change the clock?
  6. By the way. All I need is 60+ fps for games. I'm not into WoW or any of that . I play rohan, League of legends and more.
  7. Btw on the amd 620, why that? there is no L3 Cache =\. Is a 3.0 ghz quadcore with no L3 better than a 3.0 ghz dual core with l3? for gaming wise
  8. L3 cache actually matters very little compared to the L2 chace. I can't find the article right now, but there is a recent one that tests this...
  9. Thanks. So the 250 regor and the 550 callisto perform pretty much at the same rate?
  10. Not so much. Here's a comparision: http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2009-desktop-cpu-charts/compare,1398.html?prod%5B2612%5D=on&prod%5B2613%5D=on

Most of the benchmarks have the 550 leading. The ones it's not, it's only behind by a small margin.
  11. Thanks. Now i notice the video card isn't that great. I won't be playing above 1280x800 res that's all I can say. What graphics card do you recommend?
  12. Quote:
    1280x800? That is a very odd resolution.

A typical resolution for a desktop is 1280x1024. What monitor do you have?

Anything above the 4670 would be overkill for that resolution.

1280x1024 my bad. What is your definition of over kill?
  13. As in, you're never going to be using the card to its full potential. Or at least not until you upgrade.
  14. MadAdmiral said:
    As in, you're never going to be using the card to its full potential. Or at least not until you upgrade.

But I can still use it right? as in 1280x1024 res right?
  15. pkgal123 said:
    But I can still use it right? as in 1280x1024 res right?

yes
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Gaming Graphics Cards Motherboards Systems Product