Status
Not open for further replies.

adambeau

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
Never done liquid cooling and I've been struggling for three days deciding between the corsair H60 and the Antec H2O 620...

I will be overclocking a amd phenom ii 1045t x6 in a haf 912 case...

Corsair seems easier to install but from what i can tell antec if installed correctly (which is hard according to reviews) has better performance...

It's so close I NEED YOUR HELP! For a guy with low-medium tech knowledge which will be better???

ThankS!

Solution

for that I'd suggest the watercooling sticky, the watercooling gallery, the build log gallery and my AMS build log :p - but the build log gallery will show you what it takes to get a real watercooler up and running.

In your opinion should i just stick with my hyper 212 evo?
yeah def, I'd hold onto the money and get myself a kit for a lil more and later add parts to the loop as upgrades.

adambeau

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012

so has every other topic on the internet! and its more like hundreds or thousands of times.

Either way i was just looking for an opinion from someone who has used both... and when you say good air cooler what do you mean? Cooler master hyper evo and better?

Thanks for your response.

Lutfij

Titan
I have used only one of its cousins the H50 - and i would say its a white wash in the fail dept..

answer coming from a former noob who thought it was what was advertised - a watercooler. It just an aircooler with the heat dissipation closer to an exhaust outlet.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I understand; my intent was to also spur you to search these forums a little and you'll see this exact question asked/answered many times.

Do not be fooled by the fact that each of them say 'liquid cooling'- they do not perform like real watercooling and much more like good air coolers.

A car is a car, but a Honda is not a Ferrari.

adambeau

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012

Working today, no time for forum searching just enough time to leave a quick post here and there. but i do understand where your coming from.

Anyways, What is considered a REAL water cooler? If you could link one i am now very interested.

adambeau

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012

Lutfij

Titan

for that I'd suggest the watercooling sticky, the watercooling gallery, the build log gallery and my AMS build log :p - but the build log gallery will show you what it takes to get a real watercooler up and running.

yeah def, I'd hold onto the money and get myself a kit for a lil more and later add parts to the loop as upgrades.

Solution

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Maybe it's time to start collecting various reviews on closed loop coolers and incorporating those into a single thread or post as part of the sticky. Another one on my to-do list; and the list is getting longer faster than it's getting shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.