USB 2.0 Problem in XP Pro

Hello,
I recently reinstalled a fresh copy of XP Pro on my old compy but now the 2.0 enhanced USB driver wont work. I can disable it and then my USB devices work, but at the 1.0 speed. Ive tried uninstalling all the USB drivers, rebooting and reinstalling but to no avail. I am hopelessly stuck! Any ideas how to fix? Thanks!!!!

Mike
5 answers Last reply
More about problem
  1. Hello,
    I recently reinstalled a fresh copy of XP Pro on my old compy but now the 2.0 enhanced USB driver wont work. I can disable it and then my USB devices work, but at the 1.0 speed. Ive tried uninstalling all the USB drivers, rebooting and reinstalling but to no avail. I am hopelessly stuck! Any ideas how to fix? Thanks!!!!

Mike

2. Sounds like you haven't brought the system up to date including Service Pack 3. I think doing that will make it easier to find the right driver for that USB Controller. There's well over a hundred subsequent updates after the Pack goes in.

3. You reinstalled the motherboard specific USB drivers?
  4. This next topics has been merged by Area51reopened
    USB 2.0 Problem in XP Pro
  5. Hi, I have installed the recommended drivers that windows finds for me. I also tried downloading them manually and installing them. I have SiS Pci to USB Enhanced drivers loaded and I do have service pack 3. Is there another driver I can use? I'm not sure what else to do. Thanks for the replies!
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers USB Windows XP