Having troubles fixing BSOD

UhOhOreo

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Basically the laptop was turned on this morning and unfortunately blue screened at the logo. The error was Technical information stop: 0x000000ed (0x86719039, 0xc0000006 , 0x0000000 , 0x0000000 ) and it also said unmountable_boot_volume. From what I figured out the harddrive must be corrupt in some parts and it was recommended that the windows XP disc was inserted into it so that we could run a recovery. When the BIOS was checked the first bootable part was the CD/DVD/CD-rom drive. I then started it on with the disc inside the optical drive but it wouldn't read because the optical drive is a bit screwed up. However, I was able to get it to run. The screen is black wghbut I continually get an error while it's loading windows setup. The error was

inf file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 2. setup cannot continue press any key to exit

and both times I tried to start windows setup this has happened. Is there any way to stop the error and continue on?

1) - Clean the optical lens & smudges from the CD.
2) - Replace the Drive.

UhOhOreo

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

I cleaned the CD and the managed to get the drive working. It starts up but when we try to press a button to run from CD, like the screen says to, it just beeps once.

Beep codes vary by mobo, so I would download a User / Service Manual from your computer vendor's site for your computer model, or search for it online to see what a single beep indicates.