Sign in with
Your question

Uniblue DriverScanner has killed my sound cards

Last response: in Components
February 28, 2010 11:25:44 AM

Hi I made the mistake of using a Beta version of UniBlue Driverscanner. After running the program I got the BSOD. I tried System restore. Same result. I have a SB Audigy SB0090 soundcard. The motherboard has an onboard Realtek soundcard. When I removed the Audigy soundcard and rebooted I was back up to desktop. I have no sound. No audio device is detected. I re-enabled the on the MBO tried to install the drivers off from the MBO cd failed. I now have no sound the PC. I am running Windows XP SERVICE PACK 3. I had no issues prior to this. The PC is hooked up to my Home Theater system. The MBO is a TRS690-M1. I just want to restore sound on my PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jeff
February 28, 2010 12:05:29 PM

What issue did you have that prompted you to run a Beta version of UniBlue Driverscanner? Did you make a copy of the registry before running it? Did you at least create a restore point?
m
l
February 28, 2010 12:27:51 PM

Well hindsight is 20/20. I had bought Uniblue Registry Booster and paid for Driver Scanner 2009. I received an email asking if I wanted to Beta test Driver Scanner 2010 and get a free copy. The restore point is created by "Driver Scanner" with an option within the program to do System Restore. I tried that 1st. I did not make a copy of the registry. "Windows has recovered for a serious malfunction" I finally decided to remove the soundcard and Voila I got back to a normal desktop.
m
l
Related resources
February 28, 2010 12:35:10 PM

I've never personally been a fan of these 'driver-finder' tools. Call me old-fashioned but you can't beat the good old manual way! Still you managed to get everything back to how it was which is the main thing.
m
l
February 28, 2010 12:59:21 PM

moody89 said:
I've never personally been a fan of these 'driver-finder' tools. Call me old-fashioned but you can't beat the good old manual way! Still you managed to get everything back to how it was which is the main thing.

I agree with you. I always clean up the registry manually, particularly on servers where a mistake could lead to severe issues.
m
l
!