Pool table...

This is really cool. This is what I pretty much bought the EP for, and
I haven't been disappointed. They really seem to play pool. They even
call their shots sometimes.

I have to wonder though, will they change this for the UK? (They play
it differently over there, I believe).

More about pool table

    "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > This is really cool. This is what I pretty much bought the EP for, and
    > I haven't been disappointed. They really seem to play pool. They even
    > call their shots sometimes.
    >
    > I have to wonder though, will they change this for the UK? (They play
    > it differently over there, I believe).
    >
    > --

    Yeah, we play it the correct way over here. ;o)

    vickyvickerson wrote:
    > "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> This is really cool. This is what I pretty much bought the EP for,
    >> and I haven't been disappointed. They really seem to play pool.
    >> They even call their shots sometimes.
    >>
    >> I have to wonder though, will they change this for the UK? (They
    play
    >> it differently over there, I believe).
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    > Yeah, we play it the correct way over here. ;o)

    Well, it's definitely quite a bit different. I think it's called
    "Snooker", while most people in the US play 8-ball. Snooker might be
    too complicated to do in the Sims - 8 ball is pretty simple.

    > vickyvickerson wrote:
    > > "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >> This is really cool. This is what I pretty much bought the EP for,
    > >> and I haven't been disappointed. They really seem to play pool.
    > >> They even call their shots sometimes.
    > >>
    > >> I have to wonder though, will they change this for the UK? (They
    > play
    > >> it differently over there, I believe).
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>

    > > Yeah, we play it the correct way over here. ;o)
    >
    > Well, it's definitely quite a bit different. I think it's called
    > "Snooker", while most people in the US play 8-ball. Snooker might be
    > too complicated to do in the Sims - 8 ball is pretty simple.

    9-ball is what is played in a lot of pool tournaments.

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> vickyvickerson wrote:
    >>> "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>> Yeah, we play it the correct way over here. ;o)
    >>
    >> Well, it's definitely quite a bit different. I think it's called
    >> "Snooker", while most people in the US play 8-ball. Snooker might
    be
    >> too complicated to do in the Sims - 8 ball is pretty simple.
    >
    > 9-ball is what is played in a lot of pool tournaments.

    Yeah, but most people who play for fun play 8-ball, as it's easier.
    You just have to knock in the balls of your own group, not knock them
    in in order.

    Anyway, my point was, snooker has a completely different set of
    equipment. Most of the balls are red, no numbers, and I think the
    table is larger.

    Never having been to an English pool hall (or to England), I dunno if
    they even have 8/9 ball pool tables or not, but everytime I've seen
    them play pool on British TV, they play snooker.

    > Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > > "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > for,

    > >> Well, it's definitely quite a bit different. I think it's called
    > >> "Snooker", while most people in the US play 8-ball. Snooker might
    > be
    > >> too complicated to do in the Sims - 8 ball is pretty simple.
    > >
    > > 9-ball is what is played in a lot of pool tournaments.
    >
    > Yeah, but most people who play for fun play 8-ball, as it's easier.
    > You just have to knock in the balls of your own group, not knock them
    > in in order.
    >
    > Anyway, my point was, snooker has a completely different set of
    > equipment. Most of the balls are red, no numbers, and I think the
    > table is larger.
    >
    > Never having been to an English pool hall (or to England), I dunno if
    > they even have 8/9 ball pool tables or not, but everytime I've seen
    > them play pool on British TV, they play snooker.

    My brother and I used to be so mean to our mom. We'd play 8ball and if she
    was solids, we would encourage her to go for the 8ball...................9
    out of 10 times she would, lmao!

    "Jeremy Reaban" wrote
    > vickyvickerson wrote:
    >> "Jeremy Reaban" wrote

    >>> I have to wonder though, will they change this for the UK? (They
    > play
    >>> it differently over there, I believe).
    >>>
    >> Yeah, we play it the correct way over here. ;o)
    >
    > Well, it's definitely quite a bit different. I think it's called
    > "Snooker", while most people in the US play 8-ball. Snooker might be
    > too complicated to do in the Sims - 8 ball is pretty simple.

    Ahem, in the UK snooker is snooker, and pool is pool...not one and the same
    thing.

    UK pool might have different rules to your 8-ball, but pool is *not*
    snooker...

    HTH

    "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Bluegenie2 wrote:
    >> "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > for,

    >>> Well, it's definitely quite a bit different. I think it's called
    >>> "Snooker", while most people in the US play 8-ball. Snooker might
    > be
    >>> too complicated to do in the Sims - 8 ball is pretty simple.
    >>
    >> 9-ball is what is played in a lot of pool tournaments.
    >
    > Yeah, but most people who play for fun play 8-ball, as it's easier.
    > You just have to knock in the balls of your own group, not knock them
    > in in order.
    >
    > Anyway, my point was, snooker has a completely different set of
    > equipment. Most of the balls are red, no numbers, and I think the
    > table is larger.
    >
    > Never having been to an English pool hall (or to England), I dunno if
    > they even have 8/9 ball pool tables or not, but everytime I've seen
    > them play pool on British TV, they play snooker.

    same game pool in uk is same as pool in the US, there is billiards here too
    (been around for years think since roman times) snooker is more of mind game
    than pool, pool is just bang bang and ur done, snooker takes time and a
    little bit of brains, which is why i dont play it, lol

Sims Games Video Games