Sign in with
Your question

Broken Motherboard (PIC)

Last response: in Motherboards
July 10, 2010 8:50:49 PM

Greetings all,

I replaced my Megahalems air cooler last week with a Corsair H50. In doing so, I noticed that the Megahalems bracket had bents a couple of the components (not sure what they are) around my CPU (see pic).

The board is an Asus P6t6 WS Revolution. The computer works and has worked fine despite this (I've actually been trying to get my i7 940 overclock to 3.85 from 3.74...it takes a lot more voltage than I expected so I think I am gonna bag that). But I am wondering...are these slightly off center components something I should send the board back for repair for? Or is it really not an issue.

Thanks

More about : broken motherboard pic

a b V Motherboard
July 10, 2010 9:38:54 PM

I really don't see an issue with it. Imo, ASUS should have designed it with a it more clearance.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
July 11, 2010 12:19:08 AM

I doubt it would be too much of an issue, the i7 940s are C0 stepping which take a lot of voltage (compared to the D0s) to go past 3.8 GHz or so.
m
l
July 11, 2010 1:33:45 AM

Lmeow said:
I doubt it would be too much of an issue, the i7 940s are C0 stepping which take a lot of voltage (compared to the D0s) to go past 3.8 GHz or so.

I am actually glad to hear that...I'm at like 1..295 cpu and vcore...but to get a stable OC at 3.8 (175 bclk) I needed like 1.3 volts. I thought there was something wrong with the board. Thanks for the info.
m
l
!