patrick_aw

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
So earlier i was overclocking my gpu and was playing some games but I got a black screen so I restarted my computer. It then wouldnt start so I tried again and it had had to restore previous settings from windows.
I then reset all the settings back to default and played some bf3. I was getting lower frame rates then what I would usually get and there would extreme spikes every minute or so where the game would freeze aswell as the frame rate dropping to about 40fps.
I then went to play some skyrim and same stuff was happening just not the freezing.
Some games are still also getting black screens and freezing my whole computer

So is there a way I can fix?

Specs:
i7 3770k
GTX 690
16gb ddr3

Solution
Might want to try uninstalling all your GPU drivers and OC tools, just totally get rid of it all, and then reinstall it all fresh without the OC.

Also, you probably noticed in gaming that a 690 is vastly more power than needed for a single monitor so I'd suggest not OCing it.

patrick_aw

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012

I was getting about 60c during the stress test. The stress seemed fine. And it is just one monitor

Might want to try uninstalling all your GPU drivers and OC tools, just totally get rid of it all, and then reinstall it all fresh without the OC.

Also, you probably noticed in gaming that a 690 is vastly more power than needed for a single monitor so I'd suggest not OCing it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS