Sign in with
Your question

Help with GeForce 9800 GT OC+

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 21, 2009 3:31:49 AM

Well, My graphic card was running fine until about yesterday. It had a crash and i had random lines all over the screen. I reinstalled Driver and everything seemed fine until I saw that my FPS on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 went from maybe 100 to 40... Any idea what may have caused this? I have tried reinstalling the driver at least 3 times, and i have the NEWEST driver. Please help me :/ 

More about : geforce 9800

a b U Graphics card
December 21, 2009 4:13:19 AM

Have you monitored the temps while you play your games?
m
l
December 21, 2009 4:38:21 AM

Temps are pretty average. I even turned up the Graphic Card's Fan too 100%. It's nothing to do with the fan.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 21, 2009 5:03:20 AM

Use driver-sweeper to delete all the leftover display drivers and re-install the latest from nvidias website.

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

If that does not work then it is most likely a faulty card or PSU...

m
l
December 21, 2009 4:20:13 PM

i may have found out the problem. I downloaded driver sweeper and it said i have an ATI display driver installed, so I figure uninstall it right? Wrong. After i Uninstall it the files just come back automatically. Even if i go into sys32 folder and manually erase them, they still come back...Why is this happening
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 21, 2009 4:40:22 PM

That normally means that the files is corrupted. If I were you I would do a fresh OS install.
m
l
!