Sign in with
Your question

Standoffs/Mounting Problems (Lian Li A71B)

Last response: in Motherboards
July 11, 2010 2:27:44 AM

I just got my case an painted it but I've run into a problem.

My standoff's that came with the case seem to be normal size, but the mother board is still too low for me to mount my 5870. The pins go about half way in before the top plate (where you would screw it in) hits the top of the PCI i guess "fasteners" early. I can't mount my video card at all now. I was thinking I would get longer standoff's so it raises the mobo just enough so i could fit my card, or anything other suggestions are welcome.

I'm getting very desperate. Mild headaches have ensued all day and i've had to refrain from breaking my parts. Please help.
a c 78 V Motherboard
July 11, 2010 3:15:08 AM

Go get some longer stand-offs. That's odd, though, most case mfrs know what length stand-offs to include because they are trying to meet ATX stds, which includes the height the stand-offs must be to allow the motherboard to properly intersect with the expansion slots.
m
l
July 11, 2010 6:03:10 AM

treefrog07 said:
Go get some longer stand-offs. That's odd, though, most case mfrs know what length stand-offs to include because they are trying to meet ATX stds, which includes the height the stand-offs must be to allow the motherboard to properly intersect with the expansion slots.

Do you know where I could get longer stand-offs? I tried the Micro Center in my neighborhood but they're a bunch of a n00bs and didn't even know what I was talking about.
m
l
Related resources
July 12, 2010 4:52:34 AM

Hardware and electronic parts stores carry them, but the threads in the screw holes may be English 4-40, like those for the video and RS-232 connectors, not the slightly smaller metric M3 screws used in motherboard standoffs.
m
l
July 12, 2010 8:22:56 PM

I guess I'll have to go out on a search for the longer standoffs...there isn't many computer stores around here :-(

Thanks for the aid fellas any other information would be greatly appreciated.
m
l
July 15, 2010 8:37:15 PM

Bumping one last time :-p
m
l
!