Intermittent Computer Crashes

SaveMeJebus

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Hi, I've been having problems with my PC for a while and decided to give this a try after it stumped me. First the specs:

Motherboard: MSI K9A2-CF (newest drivers/BIOS)
CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ (no overclocking)
RAM: G.Skill 4x1024mb DDR2 800Mhz (no overclocking)
GPU: MSI RX2600XT-T2D512EZ/D3 (waiting for XFX 5850 to come back from RMA)
HDD: Western Digital 160gb (Primary)/ Samsung 1TB (Secondary)
PSU: Corsair TX650W

Now for the problem, randomly during normal operation (surfing the web, idle, or during a 3d game i.e. Borderlands) the screen will either go immediately to black (no signal) or first corrupt (mostly black screen with horizontal discolored lines) then crash. The sound will loop. The only way to restore is to hard reset the system. At times it will have a hard time starting up, crashing before the windows splash screen finishes loading. Generally when this happens, the crash is more frequent, but it is really too erratic to tell.

What I've Done:
Made sure all drivers/bios are up to date. Removed old drivers with driversweeper and made sure my registry was clean and what not.

A casual inspection doesn't show any overheating components. I also received several general protection faults during applications. I thought immediately that it was RAM in December. I ran an overnight extended Memtest+ which ran through 8 passes with no errors. I checked both harddrives for consistency, made sure all electrical connections were ok.

All symptoms to me still pointed to RAM so I recently ran Windows Memory Diagnostic several times (extended trials on each stick separately/ 2 in at a time/ all 4) and no memory errors were found. I ran Memtest+ again last night, it got through 15 passes, and found only 1 error on pass 5 in DIMM0, however this error did not present itself again. At this point I am completely baffled. I don't know what could be causing these errors- does anyone have any insight or questions about the issue?

Prime95 ran for about 20 minutes now on Small FFT's with no errors, however on the Blend test with lots of RAM tested, it will detect a fatal hardware rounding error within about 2 passes. To you guys, does this indicate my RAM is bad, I just need to tweak some settings, one of my DIMM slots is bad, or something else I can't think of? Thanks for the help

Edit:
Voltage/Heat Readings Immediately Following Crash (from BIOS)
CPU Temp: 35 C
System Temp: 39 C
CPU Vcore: 1.368V
3.3VCC: 3.408V
5V: 4.970V
12V: 12.232V
5V SB: 5.061V