New build for ~600$ (canadian dollar)

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: (this week)) BUDGET RANGE: (600)

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: (surfing on the net, watching movies and play games)
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) but i would like to hear some speakers suggestion

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: (directcanada.com and newegg.CA) COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: (Canada)

PARTS PREFERENCES: none, you can suggest me a better build for 600$

OVERCLOCKING: Yes when i will learn how to do it properly SLI OR CROSSFIRE: no

MONITOR RESOLUTION: (1280x1024)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: (i have an old monitor a Samsung syncmaster 930B (analog) ) do I REALLY need to change for a new one?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
all these are from directcanada.com, because it has free shipping for over 300$ command
my friend suggest me a XFX Radeon HD 5750 700MHZ 1GB 4.6GHZ GDDR5 2XDVI HDMI Display Port DIRECTX11 PCI-E Video Card for $148.49
but i m not sure that i need that good gpu, so i would like to ask if you know any GOOD gpu for a price below 120$ someone on the forum suggest me a HD 4670 (around 80$), i'm not sure if it is the best bang for the buck. and can you check if my build will work together?

Antec Earthwatts 430W Power Supply ATX12V V2.0 20/24PIN Active PFC 80PLUS 80MM Fan
$58.45

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA2 3.5IN 8.5MS 7200RPM 16MB Hard Drive Oem *3YR Mfr Warranty*
$53.55

Antec 200 Two Hundred Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Case Black 3X5.25 6X3.5INT 1 SATA Hot-Swap Bay No PS
$44.05

G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH Ripjaws PC3-10666 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1333 CL7-7-7-21 Core I5 1.65V Memory Kit
$99.85

AMD Athlon II X4 620 Quad Core Processor Socket AM3 2.6GHZ 2MB Cache 95W Retail Box
$110.27

Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H AMD785G mATX AM3 PCI-E DDR3 Video Sound GLAN CrossFireX HDMI Motherboard
$94.91

Thanks
Lance
p.s. the last build was on NEWEGG.COM (i made a mistake) so i have to choose something for ~600$ canadian dollar
6 answers Last reply
More about build canadian dollar
  1. The motherboard you picked has onboard video. You could always try it first and see if you even need a gaming graphics card.

The games you play and monitor the resolution determine what you need for graphics.
  2. except that, is my build good? i want a video card, even though i m short on budget, i can still afford a video card :)
  3. For around $100, look for a GTS 250. It can play modern games at high settings at 1600, so it will be overkill for your current res. Although I would recommend bumping up your psu to at least 500w if your going to get a gpu though.

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=24790BD2599&vpn=NE3TS25EFHD52&manufacture=Palit%20Multimedia%20Inc.

If your going to be doing any gaming, get a 550 or a 720. There L3 cache and high clockspeed will beat out the 620. In fact the 620 is kinda mediocre at games.
  4. thanks for the suggestion mothmusic, but i would like to hear some other suggestion for it before buying it. as for the processor, what if i oc my 620? i heard that it oc pretty good, correct me if i m wrong, and my main purpose is only movie and surfing, gaming is for second purpose because I am afraid that I can t control myself (the logic for me is better gpu and cpu makes me play better game which is more addicting XD)
  5. lanceblue said:
    thanks for the suggestion mothmusic, but i would like to hear some other suggestion for it before buying it. as for the processor, what if i oc my 620? i heard that it oc pretty good, correct me if i m wrong, and my main purpose is only movie and surfing, gaming is for second purpose because I am afraid that I can t control myself (the logic for me is better gpu and cpu makes me play better game which is more addicting XD)

The 550:

The 620:

6. lanceblue said:
    (the logic for me is better gpu and cpu makes me play better game which is more addicting XD)

People are as easily addicted to online poker or simple flash arcade games that dont require a graphics card as they are to any other kind of game.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product