Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Looking for LED monitor with Vesa mount holes.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 21, 2009 11:09:18 AM

My current flat screen produces this high frequency buzzing noise quiet annoying, so I was searching to replace it and read that LED screen wont have noise issues..
Now the thing is, I can't find a LED screen with Vesa mounting holes, I require those to attach the screen to my Erotron desktop Arm.
Can annyone point me in the right direction?
a c 147 U Graphics card
December 21, 2009 1:31:09 PM

The buzzing is not from the LCD panel, it is from the power supply inside the display. I can still see an LED having the same issue depending on what sort of power supply it uses. Some of the one's I've seen have the AC to DC block that you plug into the display leaving the LCD panel and power supply separate.

FYI, just food for thought. Those LED panels have a blue hue to them, so the whites tend to be a little blue from the led's. I thought about an LED but they are at a premium price and really don't give you any visual benefit. Even the TV's don't impress me. I was at Best Buy last night and looked at them and the Sony Bravia, non LED looked infinity better than the Samsung LED of a comparable model. Even the Samsung non LED looked better. I don't think the LED displays are there, just yet.
December 21, 2009 2:07:52 PM

Thank you for the reply and for the clarification on the high pitched noise.
The only reason I was going to opt for an LED was to have no noise pollution.
I guess I will just have to gamble, and hope that my next purchase wont Emmit anything.

It's not like my current set of monitors is low budget they are from HP, or that they are old (Barely 2 years).

Any pointers on what to look for when trying to purchase a (silent) monitor?
I really can't have a repeat of this situation.
Related resources
a c 147 U Graphics card
December 21, 2009 2:11:05 PM

I have never had an LCD with the noise. I have had power supplied in other devices that have though. Its an electronic sequel. It isn't common, so the chances that you will have a repeat are minimal.

One thing you can try are plugging the power right into the wall if it is in a UPS or surge suppressor. Sometimes these can cause the issue itself. Another thing to try is to plug it in somewhere else. I've had devices that have the noise because of either of these two items. Sometimes it is due to poor power or uneven power.
December 21, 2009 3:02:51 PM

Thanks for the tips, unfortunately there's no change when plugging them in the other rooms.
I must be unlucky (2 screens are doing it, both HP L2208w).

February 22, 2010 12:39:16 AM

LEDs are used as indicator lamps in many devices, and are increasingly used for lighting. They enjoy use in applications as diverse as replacements for traditional light sources in automotive lighting (particularly indicators) and in traffic signals. LED displays are widely used in digital clocks, electronic meters, and other electronic devices for displaying numerical information. If you want to find custom mounting LED display, check it: http://www.ecvv.com/product_directory/LED-Display.html . Here are many options for you.
July 6, 2010 1:58:28 AM

Yes I went shopping today, looked at those Led Monitors and as soon as I learned they didn't have mounting holes .. started thinking how do i mount it to my Ergo tron ???? what the hell is wrong with these company do they think everyone wants to be limited by a little plastic mount stand ??? I further thought: what do I have to do to mount one of these monitors, use resin and laminate a mounting bracket to the back of the monitor , void its warranty or return-ability if something goes wrong with it, or ?
I hope this isn't a new wave of "genius" from manufacturers too cheap to drill mounting holes, I want to be able to Flip,rotate, tilt, extend, and otherwise share my monitor with others in my office.
May 26, 2011 5:13:51 AM

WilliamPulos said:
Yes I went shopping today, looked at those Led Monitors and as soon as I learned they didn't have mounting holes .. started thinking how do i mount it to my Ergo tron ???? what the hell is wrong with these company do they think everyone wants to be limited by a little plastic mount stand ??? I further thought: what do I have to do to mount one of these monitors, use resin and laminate a mounting bracket to the back of the monitor , void its warranty or return-ability if something goes wrong with it, or ?
I hope this isn't a new wave of "genius" from manufacturers too cheap to drill mounting holes, I want to be able to Flip,rotate, tilt, extend, and otherwise share my monitor with others in my office.

AGREED! I bought the Samsung 27 inch LED monitor from BestBuy, but only when I got it out of the box, did I realize that I had no way to mount it! No VESA mount! What are they thinking! I don't want that silly little---very limited stand!
August 11, 2011 2:29:47 PM

ddbarrett1 said:
AGREED! I bought the Samsung 27 inch LED monitor from BestBuy, but only when I got it out of the box, did I realize that I had no way to mount it! No VESA mount! What are they thinking! I don't want that silly little---very limited stand!

Best one I found so far.
Asus: VE247H
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

However, I really want this one: (No VESA)
LG: E2260V-PN
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

It looks like I might go with the Asus down the way... Best of luck!
June 22, 2012 8:13:08 PM

GRRRRRR!!!!!

I am kicking myself. I bought a new Samsung 23" LED and I found out it has no VESA mounting holes on it! Now I ended up buying the ASUS VE247H. Ooooooh Samsung very stupid design.

Thanks tigerb2b for pointing the ASUS. Just the LED I am looking for.
June 22, 2012 8:24:43 PM

Glad to help!
a c 271 U Graphics card
June 22, 2012 9:04:29 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!