Which PSU is better

welliam

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Hello,
I will buy soon a PSU 700w and I have two choices ,

1- HEC 700w cm cougar
2- OCZ Fatal1ty 700w

also tell me please what is modular psu and is it so bad that the psu is not modular ?

thanks

Solution
Can't say I've heard of HEC PSUs so I'd definitely go with the OCZ.

"A modular power supply is a relatively new approach to cabling, allowing users to omit unused cables. Whereas a conventional design has numerous cables permanently connected to the power supply, a modular power supply provides connectors at the power supply end, allowing unused cables to be detached from the power supply, producing less clutter, a neater appearance and less interference with airflow. It also makes it possible to supply a wider variety of cables, providing different lengths of Serial ATA power connectors instead of Molex connectors."

~ Wikipedia

moody89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
Can't say I've heard of HEC PSUs so I'd definitely go with the OCZ.

"A modular power supply is a relatively new approach to cabling, allowing users to omit unused cables. Whereas a conventional design has numerous cables permanently connected to the power supply, a modular power supply provides connectors at the power supply end, allowing unused cables to be detached from the power supply, producing less clutter, a neater appearance and less interference with airflow. It also makes it possible to supply a wider variety of cables, providing different lengths of Serial ATA power connectors instead of Molex connectors."

~ Wikipedia

Solution

welliam

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
thanks alot, I have also APC UPS 500 can it work with ocz 700 ?

some people on the net say sparks happen, so does it need good electricity ? because I have bad and week electricity this is why I have the ups + a stabilizer !.

also please tell me where I can go with one nvidia card that can work on very good power supply has 480w ? I mean up to what card ?

my config:
i7 860
4 gb ram 1333
two sata hard drives (500+200)

sorry but these questions is important to me.

Thanks alot

moody89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009

I don't have a lot of experience with UPSs to be honest, I've never used one myself. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work although one thing I did notice is that your particular UPS has a max output wattage of 300W, so I'm not sure how you would fair with this and if this would be enough to power your system.

To be honest it all depends on what card you're looking at, but I would imagine you will be fine with a 480W PSU providing it is a good quality PSU.

Hope this helps :)

TRENDING THREADS