Tutorial Joe Speaks non-english

Is it normal for an english instalation to have Tutorial Joe speaking
something else (sounds perhaps norwegian, or finish)? Have him look at the
statue and he mumbles about it, and then laughs at his own joke. But not
in english. Is this just a limitation of the tutorial? I DID ensure my
regional settings were set to english, as sugestted in the readme.txt;
rebooted and tried again, no diff.

Just wondering...

TIA
5 answers Last reply
More about tutorial speaks english

    He is speaking simmish or simlish. The sims have their own language.

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > He is speaking simmish or simlish. The sims have their own
    language.

    It's always interesting to see what language people think the sims are
    speaking, though...

    We've had French, and this guy says Norwegian or Finnish, can anyone
    remember any more?

    MM

    Madame Mim <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    > We've had French, and this guy says Norwegian or Finnish, can anyone
    > remember any more?

    Spanish. Russian. I've posited a foreign BBS where someone asks why
    they're talking in English, but have not seen proof.

    Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
    > He is speaking simmish or simlish. The sims have their own language.

    right after posting, it dawned on me that that might be the case!
    Interesting that nowhere in the booklet or the readme do they mention
    this, but it does make things interesting. Thanks to all...

Sims Games Tutorial Video Games