I ran computer without cpu fan properly attached

rizzla_59

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Hello,

I cleaned my computer from the inside to get rid of dust. I didnt put the fan on the cpu on properly but didnt realise. I turned the computer on and as it had previously update windows when i turned it on it was in the phase of configuring updates so i left it on and went downstairs for an hour or so. Later I turned the computer off. Later that night i turned the computer back on and it was working so slow and I realised that I hadnt put the fan back on properly so I turned the computer off and struggled to put the fan on, eventually I put the fan on and now the computer starts up but the monitor gets no signal. When putting the fan on I did touch the motherboard a few times. I am not sure if the processor has blown or the motherboard has blown because of struggling to put the fan on the motherboard. The system had been runnng fine for 2 years. Thank You.

cisco sfp

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
The RAM is not properly connected. Please disconnect and again connect it. This problem only occurs by not inserting RAM properly. Check the cable from HD to mother board. Connect it properly....

rizzla_59

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
I have done the checklist but it hasnt worked. The RAM is not the problem cisco as it is inserted in properly and I have tried it with different sticks of RAM.

steadfast1984

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
well something went, you coulda snapped something off when struggling . heck if you could have even static shocked the Motherboard and not even realized it when you touched it.

Pro Llama

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
One thing that you can try is to take the computer fully apart, look for anything odd, and then put it all back together. Without getting any beeps or anything for the motherboard it does sound like the chip or board may be bad, but it cost less to play around with it before jumping to conclusions. Some time rebuilding it can fix a problem and most likely you won’t even know what the problem was.

Good luck

rizzla_59

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Hi I already tried fully taking apart the computer and it didnt work. I used my processor in my brothers computer and it seems to work in his. I think its the motherboard so I'm going to buy a new one. Thank you for your help.