University no-cd?

With Sims2, I made a disk image of CD1 and mounted it with a virtual
drive so that I didn't have to use my CD every time I played. I haven't
been able to get that to work with University yet. I'll keep trying
different settings, but if anyone has gotten it to work without the CD,
I'd appreciate knowing how you did it.

--
---->Sagittaria<----

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.
5 answers Last reply
More about university

    "Sagittaria" <sagittaria.nntp@emailias.com> wrote in message
    > With Sims2, I made a disk image of CD1 and mounted it with a virtual
    > drive so that I didn't have to use my CD every time I played. I haven't
    > been able to get that to work with University yet. I'll keep trying
    > different settings, but if anyone has gotten it to work without the CD,
    > I'd appreciate knowing how you did it.
    >
    > --
    > ---->Sagittaria<----
    >
    > I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

    Gamecopyworld already has a fixed university image available, I mounted it
    in Daemon Tools and it works like a charm.

    "Terryls" <terryls@hot.mail.com> wrote in message

    > "Sagittaria" <sagittaria.nntp@emailias.com> wrote in message
    > > With Sims2, I made a disk image of CD1 and mounted it with a virtual
    > > drive so that I didn't have to use my CD every time I played. I haven't
    > > been able to get that to work with University yet. I'll keep trying
    > > different settings, but if anyone has gotten it to work without the CD,
    > > I'd appreciate knowing how you did it.
    > >
    > > --
    > > ---->Sagittaria<----
    > >
    > > I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.
    >
    > Gamecopyworld already has a fixed university image available, I mounted
    it
    > in Daemon Tools and it works like a charm.

    It works great with the latest Daemon Tools. Buy/Build works and
    everything. Finally, I don't have to keep taking the cd out, no more stuck
    cd. I finally did track down why it gets stuck. It's my version of Roxio.
    But I've been afraid to update it because their website says I could
    actually lose use of my drive if something goes wrong with the update. So
    I'm leaving it be. I always end up with ten times the problems when I
    update things.
    --
    Carrigon
    http://carrigon1.proboards43.com

    "Terryls" <terryls@hot.mail.com> wrote in

    > "Sagittaria" <sagittaria.nntp@emailias.com> wrote in message
    >> With Sims2, I made a disk image of CD1 and mounted it with a
    >> virtual drive so that I didn't have to use my CD every time I
    >> played. I haven't been able to get that to work with University
    >> yet. I'll keep trying different settings, but if anyone has
    >> gotten it to work without the CD, I'd appreciate knowing how you
    >> did it.
    >>
    >> --
    >> ---->Sagittaria<----
    >>
    >> I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like
    >> me.
    >
    > Gamecopyworld already has a fixed university image available, I
    > mounted it in Daemon Tools and it works like a charm.

    Oh, okay, I'll stop beating my head against the wall then. :) Thanks
    for the tip.

    --
    ---->Sagittaria<----

    I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

    Is it at GameBurnWorld? I saw several and they were ALL different sizes,
    one was almost 8 MB and
    others were like 9K, another one was a little below 1 MB and I'm
    confused, I don't want to mess anything up.
    Could somebody help me? Thanks in advance.

    ......B

    "Julie Carrigon" <carrigon@NOSPsuscom.net> wrote in message
    > "Terryls" <terryls@hot.mail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Sagittaria" <sagittaria.nntp@emailias.com> wrote in message
    >> > With Sims2, I made a disk image of CD1 and mounted it with a
    >> > virtual
    >> > drive so that I didn't have to use my CD every time I played. I
    >> > haven't
    >> > been able to get that to work with University yet. I'll keep trying
    >> > different settings, but if anyone has gotten it to work without the
    >> > CD,
    >> > I'd appreciate knowing how you did it.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > ---->Sagittaria<----
    >> >
    >> > I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.
    >>
    >> Gamecopyworld already has a fixed university image available, I
    >> mounted
    > it
    >> in Daemon Tools and it works like a charm.
    >>

    > It works great with the latest Daemon Tools. Buy/Build works and
    > everything. Finally, I don't have to keep taking the cd out, no more
    > stuck
    > cd. I finally did track down why it gets stuck. It's my version of
    > Roxio.
    > But I've been afraid to update it because their website says I could
    > actually lose use of my drive if something goes wrong with the update.
    > So
    > I'm leaving it be. I always end up with ten times the problems when I
    > update things.
    > --
    > Carrigon
    > http://carrigon1.proboards43.com
    > TV and Movie Spoilers on the Darkside

    OK guess I got confused, went to gamecopyworld and got that one, size
    671kb.

    ....B

Sims CD-Rom Video Games