Are 3/4" OD clamp good for 7/16" ID 5/8" OD tubing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas2030

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I'm getting the XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 cooling kit and I want to buy PrimoFlex tubing. I got 2 meters of 7/16" ID 5/8" OD tubing. Youtube and other reviews say it's a tight fit/very secure. However I want to further secure the tubing with clamps (first water cooled system, bit worried about leak). Are these clamps good?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2268/ex-tub-115/34_OD_Reusable_Clamp_for_PrimoFlex_Tubing.html

Another thing is, I'm getting distilled water (kit comes with free kill coil), should I get a non conductive additive?

Thanks guys.

Solution
Any 'non-conductive' coolant will become conductive in less than 5-10 minutes of use inside a watercooling loop. Take your time, be patient, leak test and triple check your build.

You'll be fine.

Your local hardware stores sell clamps exactly like that for less (and without the need for shipping).

tubing_clamps.jpg

Based on this chart, 7/16ID, 5/8OD would be 3/4OD clamp size. These clamps are cheap and decent, but you can also use zip ties or worm drive clamps as well. (again, hardware store suggestion applies for all these as well)

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Any 'non-conductive' coolant will become conductive in less than 5-10 minutes of use inside a watercooling loop. Take your time, be patient, leak test and triple check your build.

You'll be fine.

Your local hardware stores sell clamps exactly like that for less (and without the need for shipping).

tubing_clamps.jpg

Based on this chart, 7/16ID, 5/8OD would be 3/4OD clamp size. These clamps are cheap and decent, but you can also use zip ties or worm drive clamps as well. (again, hardware store suggestion applies for all these as well)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.