Sign in with
Your question

ASUS M4A77T/USB3 DRAM LED flashing light

Last response: in Motherboards
July 11, 2010 8:42:08 PM

My new build computer was working fine for the first 24 hours, then when I attempted to import a cd, it started to become unstable with the monitor flashing black and going all shaky. Then the monitor went black. I restarted the computer, and now I'm not getting any output to the monitor at all, and the DRAM LED light flashes continually. I have tried trying each stick of RAM separately in the A1 slot, but the DRAM LED light continually flashes. I have also tried pressing the MEMOK button, but nothing actually happens, no matter how long I hold it. I have also tried clearing CMOS, but still nothing.

Again, this is an ASUS M4A77T/USB3 Motherboard with 2 sticks of Patriot PSD32G13332 2GB of RAM.

Anyone know what else I could try to fix this, or why this is happening?

Thanks
Josh
July 13, 2010 12:38:11 AM

UPDATE: I switched the RAM today for some Kingston 2 GB sticks that are listed in the manual, but the DRAM LED light is still flashing away. When I remove the RAM completely and start up, I get 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 108 V Motherboard
July 13, 2010 1:11:04 AM

The beep pattern means that either the RAM is bad or not present during POST. As for the display problem, try disconnecting your cd/dvd drive(s).

Also, to continue troubleshooting, should you need to, follow the link in my signature.
m
l
Related resources
December 13, 2010 4:28:05 AM

Had a similar problem with my M4A77T turns out ist the grafix Card. Have you tried swaping it out?
m
l
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
a b V Motherboard
January 1, 2011 10:33:23 PM

Hey, did this problem ever get resolved, if so then how? Cos I'm in the middle of the exact same problem right now. thanks!
m
l
January 7, 2011 7:49:17 PM

i had the same problem, i changed the videocard, but with no luck.
i found on the asus website that you have to increase the voltage of the ram and use the black banks.
with kingstone valueram 1333mhz, normaly it's 1.5v, but i used 1.56v while the max is 1.575 (kingston website)
no problems anymore!!

good luck!
m
l
January 3, 2012 11:51:21 AM

Quote:
Hey, did this problem ever get resolved, if so then how? Cos I'm in the middle of the exact same problem right now. thanks!

Is that a way I can fix the flashing light ? :fou: 
m
l
!