Sign in with
Your question

3 Monitors in Windows 7

Last response: in Motherboards
July 12, 2010 5:27:01 AM

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to how I could enable the use of three monitors on my system.

Here's the rundown of my system.

Motherboard: Gigabyte M68M-S2
CPU: Athlon II X2 250 @ 3.0Ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

The 8600 has two ports for video (1 D-Sub, 1 DVI) and I am already utilizing those two. I was wondering if there was a way I could use the onboard D-Sub port. In the BIOS there is a setting to force-enable the onboard GPU but it is not being recognized in Windows.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Taylor

More about : monitors windows

July 12, 2010 3:18:23 PM

If you can locate a PCI graphics card, you could use that as long as you have the drivers. As far as I know, you can't use on-chip graphics as well as PCIe graphics.

Other than that, finding a graphics card with 2 GPUs and more than 2 DVI ports would work, as would the config of HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort, but you'd have to find the right monitors.
m
l
July 12, 2010 3:25:14 PM

Alright. That's what I figured, but it was worth a shot. I appreciate it!
m
l
Related resources
July 12, 2010 3:37:57 PM

There are two ways :

1) setup aleast 2 gpus (eg: SLI/Crossfire)

2) or if u have and HDMI or DP output use it for ur third output..
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
a b C Monitor
a b V Motherboard
July 12, 2010 4:02:54 PM

There's a 3rd way: Recent ATI 58** and 59** Cards support 3 to 6 monitors through what ATI are calling 'Eyefinity'. nVidia have announced similar technology, but it's not available on the open market just yet.
m
l
September 15, 2011 4:24:16 PM

violentlyhappy91 said:
If you can locate a PCI graphics card, you could use that as long as you have the drivers. As far as I know, you can't use on-chip graphics as well as PCIe graphics.

Other than that, finding a graphics card with 2 GPUs and more than 2 DVI ports would work, as would the config of HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort, but you'd have to find the right monitors.

Not entirely true, here at work we have Dell OPTIPLEX 780 computers and have two monitors set up, one from the MB graphics and one from an add on video card. everything working fine. Maybe it's because we still have the antiquated Windows XP still installed.
m
l
September 15, 2011 4:27:26 PM

Then again, maybe it's because I'm responding to year old posts duh.....
m
l
!