Tags:
  • Tuner Cards
  • Laptops
  • LCD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 21, 2009 10:47:25 PM

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to connect my laptop to LCD TV using a VGA cable, its working fine i get a picture on my LCD. but the only problem is the sound, still the sound is coming from my laptop. is there any other way or settings so that i can use the sound of my LCD rather than my laptop. Help would be appreciated.

regards
Harry

More about : laptop lcd

December 21, 2009 11:22:54 PM

harrycop said:
Hi Everyone,
I am trying to connect my laptop to LCD TV using a VGA cable, its working fine i get a picture on my LCD. but the only problem is the sound, still the sound is coming from my laptop. is there any other way or settings so that i can use the sound of my LCD rather than my laptop. Help would be appreciated.

regards
Harry

Take note: VGA cables are video cables WHICH DO NOT carry sound and therefore you can not get sound onto your LCD TV. Some new laptops have a HDMI port and if your LCD TV also has a HDMI port, you can use a HDMI cable to connect your laptop to your LCD TV. A HDMI cable carries both high quality sound and high quality video all in one cable. Not sure if there is any other way to get sound to your TV with another cable and VGA.
m
l
December 22, 2009 1:15:28 AM

Or if your TV has a 3.5mm input for audio, then connect a male to male 3.5mm cable from the headphone/audio-out from the laptop into the TV, if the TV only has RCA in, then you use the 3.5mm from the laptop to 2 RCA jacks.

Cables look like this;

m
l
!