PCIe x 16 ATI Radeon X1550 3D DVI Low Profile Video Card 256MB Help

Zerkei

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
Hey, i recently bought a ATI Radeon X1550 3D DVI Low Profile Video Card 256MB and a DVI to VGA adapter ( my monitor is VGA OUT only!).
I plugged it in the slot as well as attached the adapter and booted.
Nothing came up on the screen but i could hear the sounds of it working.

I have a Dell Optiplex GX 280 Tower, no modifications done to it.
4 GB RAM DDR2 SD RAM, XP 32bit, Intel Pentium 4 Single core 2.8GHZ, integrated 32GB video memory/graphics memory?

Please help :(

Solution
There can be a variety of reasons why there is no display on your monitor.
1)Check that the adapter, cable on both the monitor and the computer are all plugged in probably.
2)Are you sure you plugged it into the Graphics card's ports and not the integerated video because when a graphics card is plugged in, the integerated one usually doesn't run.
3)Try plugging in the adapter into another port on your graphics card.

Any help, you can reply.

drkzin

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
There can be a variety of reasons why there is no display on your monitor.
1)Check that the adapter, cable on both the monitor and the computer are all plugged in probably.
2)Are you sure you plugged it into the Graphics card's ports and not the integerated video because when a graphics card is plugged in, the integerated one usually doesn't run.
3)Try plugging in the adapter into another port on your graphics card.

Any help, you can reply.

Solution

Zerkei

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009

1.Yes i am sure
2.Yes, i tried both.
When in the integrated VGA it will show an error screen, when in the new pcie card it will not show anything
3.i can't, my adapter is for dvi to vga, i already have a vga integrated.

and also, i don't know how to disable my integrated but i presume when i plugged my monitor into the new one that it was disabled automatically since i could hear boot sounds just no display.

drkzin

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009

If it says 64-bit that doesn't its for 64-bit operating systems only. It is the memory bits for the graphics memory. When i mentioned plug it into another port on your graphics card, i ment you to plug it into another DVI port on the card (should have one). Reply again for anything else.

Zerkei

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009

The graphics card has a DVI port, but i have no DVI cable or a monitor with DVI cable compatibility, so i bought an adapater and plugged the adapter into the graphics card.

Then i connected my VGA monitor cable to the VGA of the adapter.

Thank you for your replies, greatly appreciated.

drkzin

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
What i was trying to say was, plug in the adapter into the other DVI port on your graphics card and try again beacuse the one you currently have plugged in may be broken. Usually if you have a graphics card plugged in, your integerated is disabled. I've built my desktop recently and i had no problems, plug and play graphics card and the on-board was disabled automatically, no settings to do, just installed the video card drivers. Anyway, i searched up your card and it seems that you have another VGA port that is next to the DVI port on your graphics card. So try that slot and please can you take a picture of the ports at the back of your card, i just wanna see and post it somewhere in here or on photobucket and provide link. Thanks

Zerkei

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
I don't think we are talking about the same graphics card.
I have a : ATI Radeon X1550 3D DVI Low Profile Video Card 256MB
resource.ashx

Zerkei

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
* Manufacturer MSI
* Model Radeon X1550
* Interface PCI Express x16
* Memory 256MB 800MHz
* DVI 1 Output
* DirectX DX 9 Shader Model 3.0
* OpenGL 2.0 Support Yes
* TV Out Yes
* CrossFire Ready Yes
* Card Height Low Profile
* Package Type OEM Packaging
* Features
* High Performance Memory Controller
* 2x/4x/6x Anti-Aliasing modes

drkzin

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
I was talking about the same card, its just that different add-in companies have different specs and stuff about the card. The one i saw was a SAPPHIRE RADEON X1550 with 2 DVI ports. I think that the card's display may be broken. I'm not sure what you should do...might take it to a computer shop and ask them to test the card on a DVI monitor or something like that to see if its the card broken OR the adapter.

Zerkei

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009

Oh sorry.
I bought the card from someone online store https://www.vminnovations.com.
The card "seems new" but it does look new, and i really doubt they would be sneaky and ship a defective card.

G

Go into BIOS and disable on board VGA.