Sign in with
Your question

Antec Neo 550W modular cables

Last response: in Components
March 1, 2010 12:46:40 PM

Does anyone know of any suppliers / distributors of modular power cables for an Antec Neo 550W PSU?

I have lost the rest of my cable pack in a recent move and all I need is an additional SATA HD power lead. Antec will send me another whole pack for 10 euros, with 15.50 euros p+p. Outrageous! That's a third of what the whole PSU cost me!

I've heard of people being sent them for free from Corsair. I've emailed Antec's customer services but I'm not holding out much hope!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alex
March 7, 2010 11:31:02 PM

I made an identical complaint two weeks ago!

Not having heard anything, I sent a reminder last week, but am still awaiting a response.

I intend escalating the matter if they don't reply within the next 24 hours.

Paul
March 8, 2010 6:50:40 AM

I got a reply at 4.00am this morning, pointing me back to the catalogue to buy the whole cable pack. Rubbish customer service
Related resources
a c 144 ) Power supply
March 8, 2010 9:04:47 AM

alex, don't blame Antec for your ridiculous postal rates.

pw, I don't blame them for not selling a single cable. It would be nice if they did, but I don't blame them.

You guys shouldn't have lost your cables.
March 8, 2010 3:00:35 PM

jsc said:
alex, don't blame Antec for your ridiculous postal rates.

pw, I don't blame them for not selling a single cable. It would be nice if they did, but I don't blame them.

You guys shouldn't have lost your cables.

I haven't lost my cables! The retailer did and therefore sold the PSU at a reduced price, with the purchaser (me) responsible for getting replacements.

You're right - it's not Antec who are responsible for the ridiculous postage - it's their forwarder who makes the charge (according to a response I miraculously got this afternoon from Antec).

However, Antec chose to use this forwarder, so I *do* blame Antec for that!

If Antec don't want to sell a single cable, they should direct customers towards the company who makes the cables for them, as they might be willing to sell them individually.

It all smacks of a "we don't care about our customers" attitude from Antec and will certainly make me think twice about buying their products again.
March 8, 2010 3:14:14 PM

alexprokop said:
I got a reply at 4.00am this morning, pointing me back to the catalogue to buy the whole cable pack. Rubbish customer service

I agree! My reply this afternoon suggested my previous emails had perhaps been lost in their spam folder! (:-o

I've been given this explanation by Antec:

"The shipping costs are the costs which we get from our forwarder. A cable pack is to big to send in an envelop so that is also no solution. Because this is not a small pack of cables.
I could give you a total price of EURO 23 as long you are living on mainland UK it should be no problem."

So that's EU10 for the cables and EU13 (GBP11.75) for P&P! I could go along to my post office and post a cable pack PLUS a PSU for GBP4.41! What the hell are these forwarders playing at?

Looks like I'll be composing another email to Antec suggesting they use different forwarders, as these guys are a rip-off!
March 9, 2010 7:49:10 PM

alexprokop said:

Alex,

Could you give me your email address, so that I can keep you updated off-group?

(Include a spamtrap, to confuse any spambots which may trawl this site seeking valid addresses)

Paul

April 2, 2010 12:32:44 PM

pwharley said:
Alex,

Could you give me your email address, so that I can keep you updated off-group?

(Include a spamtrap, to confuse any spambots which may trawl this site seeking valid addresses)

Paul

Did you get anywhere with this? I could do with an extra pci-e cable for my 430Neo
April 2, 2010 6:29:35 PM

keithiopia said:
Did you get anywhere with this? I could do with an extra pci-e cable for my 430Neo

Not yet, as Alex didn't reply.

I was planning to split the cost of a cable pack with him; I don't need all the cables and he probably doesn't either. It would make it cheaper for me and for him.

If you are interested, put your email (with a spamtrap in it) in a reply and I'll contact you privately.

Paul
February 18, 2011 10:14:24 PM

I, for one need a complete modular cable pack, buyt am getting NO answer from Antec. How can I get them?
a c 274 ) Power supply
February 19, 2011 2:03:25 AM

Why don't you just source a 4Pin Molex to SATA Power Adaptor
!