Sims 2 University crashes

Last response: in Video Games
March 6, 2005 5:53:03 PM

Or at least that is what it seems to want to do. I went out and got the
expansion pack, installed the silly game and then when we went to play it I
had it first of all take for ever to load, to the select neighborhood
screen, and then after I chose a neighborhood, it took for ever to load
that. Finally when it asked me if I wanted to choose a campus I did and
that took for ever. Then I clicked on one of the dorms and that just kind
of hung there for ever in fact I even got up took a shower came back and it
was still hung up. Just the little hour glass from my mouse turning upside
down telling me it's busy. So I just did a control alt del and restarted
the game. This time when I got the that same dorm it did manage to open
that up, but all the sims were motionless. you could click on them and try
to get them to do something but they could not move.
So at 1 am I went to bed and thought about this, and decided to try it on a
new desktop. and low and behold I was able to load the came with no
problems. The university pack does not like something in the EA folder.
Something with one of my saved sims. I'm sure I tried re-loading some of
them to the working desktop and it then did the exact same thing.:(

any ideas or suggestions would be greatfuly accepted.
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 5:53:04 PM

"CHARLES BROWN" <charles.brown1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Finally when it asked me if I wanted to choose a campus I did and that
> took for ever. Then I clicked on one of the dorms and that just kind of
> hung there for ever in fact I even got up took a shower came back and it
> was still hung up. Just the little hour glass from my mouse turning
> upside down telling me it's busy. So I just did a control alt del and
> restarted the game. This time when I got the that same dorm it did manage
> to open that up, but all the sims were motionless. you could click on
> them and try to get them to do something but they could not move.

Try moving your downloads folder out. That worked for me.

Gareeth
!