Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Gaming rig for under 700 dollers

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 22, 2009 3:30:19 PM

hi guys am new to your community but i wanted to ask if you guys could help me build a gaming system for under 700 dollers with monitor and everything i was think about a 17 inch lcd screen or higher anyways i want it to play games like Runes Of Magic perfect world on high settings maybe a nividia 9600 gt which is like 75 dollers or maybe theres a better one for the money well guys if you find a good system leave me the links plz and thank you all for your help....

More about : gaming rig 700 dollers

a b 4 Gaming
December 22, 2009 3:31:52 PM

Refer to the stickies in my signature. These will get you started.
December 22, 2009 5:27:00 PM

For Runes of Magic and Perfectworld at high settings on a 1680x1050 monitor will take a GT 250/HD 5750 class graphics card.
Related resources

Best solution

December 22, 2009 6:08:33 PM
Share

many702 said:
hi guys am new to your community but i wanted to ask if you guys could help me build a gaming system for under 700 dollers with monitor and everything i was think about a 17 inch lcd screen or higher anyways i want it to play games like Runes Of Magic perfect world on high settings maybe a nividia 9600 gt which is like 75 dollers or maybe theres a better one for the money well guys if you find a good system leave me the links plz and thank you all for your help....


The gpu here can play modern games at high settings at a 1600 res, so it will be overkill for the 1440 res on the monitor.


AMD Athlon II X3 425 Rana 2.7GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Processor - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$77


ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$60


Crucial 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory Model CT25664BA1067 - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$78 for two sticks


Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$55 -Free Shipping


Palit NE3TS25NFHD52 GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$113


SONY Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1681S-0B - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$19

Antec Two Hundred Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W Continuous Power ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
$80 with combo discount


Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$105 -Free Shipping


ASUS VW193TR Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 50000 :1 (ASCR) Built in Speakers - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$110 -Free Shipping

Total = $700
a b 4 Gaming
December 22, 2009 6:11:35 PM

That's a decent build. One minor change: The optical is only an 18x IDE drive. For $9 more, you can get a 24x SATA burner, still within budget.

And one note: if you're a student (or have an academic email), you can get Windows 7 for $30. Just google "windows 7 student discount"...
December 22, 2009 6:16:08 PM

MadAdmiral said:
That's a decent build. One minor change: The optical is only an 18x IDE drive. For $9 more, you can get a 24x SATA burner, still within budget.

And one note: if you're a student (or have an academic email), you can get Windows 7 for $30. Just google "windows 7 student discount"...


There is no significant difference between IDE and SATA, besides IDE being cheaper.
a b 4 Gaming
December 22, 2009 6:17:52 PM

And SATA not wrecking the airflow. And SATA not being phased out. And SATA drivers actually being faster.

Yes. No significant differences there...
December 22, 2009 6:23:42 PM

MadAdmiral said:
And SATA not wrecking the airflow. And SATA not being phased out. And SATA drivers actually being faster.

Yes. No significant differences there...


Its not going to give you 100fps in games or anything, its simply a disk drive. And being phased out is irrelevant. You buy it and plug it in thats it. IDE doesn't wreck airflow, it just takes up a bit more room thats all. The only real difference is the price, and that SATA can burn dvds. If OP doesn't mind spending more and wants to burn dvds, then he can spend the extra cash and get it. But if all he is going to do is just pop in games/movies , then there is no reason to waste money on a feature thats not going to be used.
a b 4 Gaming
December 22, 2009 6:50:23 PM

I'm not being hysterical. I said it was a minor change. If it was a major change, I would've added a link to one (see below).

Being phased out does matter. If you buy a SATA drive now, you can reuse the drive in the next build. Not so with the IDE.

Surely the OP will need to burn something at some point in the computer's life. If not, the SATA version (superior in every way) of the drive is only $1 more. Are you really that cheap?
December 22, 2009 6:55:43 PM

MadAdmiral said:
I'm not being hysterical. I said it was a minor change. If it was a major change, I would've added a link to one (see below).

Being phased out does matter. If you buy a SATA drive now, you can reuse the drive in the next build. Not so with the IDE.

Surely the OP will need to burn something at some point in the computer's life. If not, the SATA version (superior in every way) of the drive is only $1 more. Are you really that cheap?


The only reason I picked IDE was for the price, $1 less keeps the build under the budget. But if you must have SATA, then I will update the build.

December 22, 2009 7:48:00 PM

thanks my friend it was with shipping 750 i knew i was gona be sumthing like that but thanks anyways for that also do you know how good the graphic card is like from a 1-10 thanks bro thanks all of you
December 22, 2009 8:26:33 PM

many702 said:
thanks my friend it was with shipping 750 i knew i was gona be sumthing like that but thanks anyways for that also do you know how good the graphic card is like from a 1-10 thanks bro thanks all of you


The gpu can play modern games at high settings at a 1600 res. Your monitor res is 1400, so you will get very good fps. For your res, the gpu is a 11/10 for overkill.
December 22, 2009 9:02:12 PM

hahaha nice well am gona order those parts as soon as i can also if you guys could also tell me something can the DVD player burn CD's and DVD's also if you knew a guide on how to build your own system lyk what parts i should put first i would apperciate it if you could give me the link
December 22, 2009 9:43:11 PM

the DVD player MadAdmiral listed is that a DVD and CD burner also or jsut player?
December 22, 2009 10:16:02 PM

If its about $20 its just a a player. If its around $30 its a burner.
December 22, 2009 11:51:11 PM

oh ok thank you my friend also do you know if that graphic card will be on all high settings for runes of magic
December 23, 2009 12:04:24 AM

many702 said:
oh ok thank you my friend also do you know if that graphic card will be on all high settings for runes of magic


"GeForce GTS250 Cards

These are higher-performance cards, and in-game settings can probably be left on "High", except for the most crowded areas. "

http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=31126

December 23, 2009 5:07:08 AM

thanks again everyone for your help me and my dad will now get these parts and get constructing a great kick ass system
December 23, 2009 5:20:12 AM

many702 said:
thanks again everyone for your help me and my dad will now get these parts and get constructing a great kick ass system


Your welcome, and good luck with your build.
December 24, 2009 12:05:52 AM

hi guys am back on the forum guess wat i convinced my father to let me get more money and he said he is willing to give me 1000 dollers for my system no more not 1 cent over 1000 dollers ok guys can any of you guys build one for me on newegg or tigerdirect plz i need your help plz 1000 DOLLERS YAYA
December 24, 2009 12:12:04 AM

oh also plz include a monitor and a good DVD.CD burner well something that is good at burnming CD's thank you all again
December 24, 2009 12:31:50 AM


The gpu here can play modern games at high settings at a 1900 res. This build may be a bit over 1k if you include shipping. So put all of it in the cart and check its total price, if its over budget, then I'll reconfigure the build to lower the price.


AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$165 -Free shipping


GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$80


G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$92 -Free Shipping


HIS H577FM1GD Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$163 -Free Shipping


Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$55 -Free Shipping

Antec Two Hundred Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W Continuous Power ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
$80 with combo discount


LG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 22X DVD-R 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$29


Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
$105 -Free Shipping


Acer P235Hbmid Black 23" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 50000:1(ACM) Built-in Speakers - Retail
$170 -Free Shipping

Total = $939
December 24, 2009 12:41:15 AM

thank you my friend your were great help 940 with shipping my friend thanks again
December 24, 2009 12:41:50 AM

nvm 970 with shipping thanks again
!