lost sims 2, disk 4.

hi,

i was wondering if anybody had ever enquired about a replacment sims
disk, for one they have lost. as games are getting spread across more
disks (back to the bad old days of installing 20 floppies) this
problem will likely become more wide spread, or maybe its just me.

Not personally, but as a point of interest - I wouldn't buy University if I
was you. You need S2 disk 4 to complete the install - of course, maybe this
is how you discovered your disk was missing . . . . in which case you have
my deepest condolences.

MM

"Telfmann" <telfmann@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i was wondering if anybody had ever enquired about a replacment sims
> disk, for one they have lost. as games are getting spread across more
> disks (back to the bad old days of installing 20 floppies) this
> problem will likely become more wide spread, or maybe its just me.

Hmmmm, what if you installed with the dvd version of sims2?
There was no disk 4 with it.

> Hmmmm, what if you installed with the dvd version of sims2?
> There was no disk 4 with it.
>
> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>> Not personally, but as a point of interest - I wouldn't buy University if
>> was you. You need S2 disk 4 to complete the install - of course, maybe
> this
>> is how you discovered your disk was missing . . . . in which case you
>> have
>> my deepest condolences.
>>
>> MM
>>

>> "Telfmann" <telfmann@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > hi,
>> >
>> > i was wondering if anybody had ever enquired about a replacment sims
>> > disk, for one they have lost. as games are getting spread across more
>> > disks (back to the bad old days of installing 20 floppies) this
>> > problem will likely become more wide spread, or maybe its just me.

I installed twice.
Once with the patch.
Once with out the patch.

The one that I had the patch installed on did not require the DVD.
When I reinstalled it I did not have the patch installed.
It required me to put the DVD back in to finish the install.

That's cool then.

"Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> > Hmmmm, what if you installed with the dvd version of sims2?
> > There was no disk 4 with it.
> >
> > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> >> Not personally, but as a point of interest - I wouldn't buy University
if
> >> was you. You need S2 disk 4 to complete the install - of course, maybe
> > this
> >> is how you discovered your disk was missing . . . . in which case you
> >> have
> >> my deepest condolences.
> >>
> >> MM
> >>

> >> "Telfmann" <telfmann@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> I installed twice.
> Once with the patch.
> Once with out the patch.
>
> The one that I had the patch installed on did not require the DVD.
> When I reinstalled it I did not have the patch installed.
> It required me to put the DVD back in to finish the install.

Whatever was last? I dunno.

MM

> Hmmmm, what if you installed with the dvd version of sims2?
> There was no disk 4 with it.
>
> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > Not personally, but as a point of interest - I wouldn't buy University
if
> > was you. You need S2 disk 4 to complete the install - of course, maybe
> this
> > is how you discovered your disk was missing . . . . in which case you
have
> > my deepest condolences.
> >
> > MM
> >

> > "Telfmann" <telfmann@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > i was wondering if anybody had ever enquired about a replacment sims
> > > disk, for one they have lost. as games are getting spread across more
> > > disks (back to the bad old days of installing 20 floppies) this
> > > problem will likely become more wide spread, or maybe its just me.

With dvd, there is only one :)
It's one plus to getting the dvd....................

> Whatever was last? I dunno.
>
> MM

> > Hmmmm, what if you installed with the dvd version of sims2?
> > There was no disk 4 with it.
> >
> > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > > Not personally, but as a point of interest - I wouldn't buy University
> if
> > > was you. You need S2 disk 4 to complete the install - of course, maybe
> > this
> > > is how you discovered your disk was missing . . . . in which case you
> have
> > > my deepest condolences.
> > >
> > > MM
> > >

> > > "Telfmann" <telfmann@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

I wasn't even aware that there was a DVD version until after I had bought
Sims 2 in the CD form. *blush*

MM

> With dvd, there is only one :)
> It's one plus to getting the dvd....................
>
> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > Whatever was last? I dunno.
> >
> > MM
> >

> > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
> > > Hmmmm, what if you installed with the dvd version of sims2?
> > > There was no disk 4 with it.
> > >
> > > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
University
> > if
> > > this
> > have

> more

> Not personally, but as a point of interest - I wouldn't buy University if
> was you. You need S2 disk 4 to complete the install - of course, maybe
> this
> is how you discovered your disk was missing . . . . in which case you have
> my deepest condolences.

I don't know why but I was never asked for the Sims2 disc. I have installed
univeristy a grand total of three times now and not once did it want it.

Gareeth

Somebody said that this is so if you have the second patch installed. I
didn't patch my new installation and it definitely asked for disk 4.

MM

> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > Not personally, but as a point of interest - I wouldn't buy University
if
> > was you. You need S2 disk 4 to complete the install - of course, maybe
> > this
> > is how you discovered your disk was missing . . . . in which case you
have
> > my deepest condolences.
> >

> I don't know why but I was never asked for the Sims2 disc. I have
installed
> univeristy a grand total of three times now and not once did it want it.
>
> Gareeth

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> schreef in bericht
> Not personally, but as a point of interest - I wouldn't buy University if
> was you. You need S2 disk 4 to complete the install - of course, maybe
> this
> is how you discovered your disk was missing . . . . in which case you have
> my deepest condolences.
>
> MM

That is strange, when I installed it today
it never asked for S2 disk 4????

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:39:54 +0100, ..22.. <email@request.rr> wrote:

> That is strange, when I installed it today it never asked for S2 disk
> 4????

It is the patch that asks for disk 4. The patch comes with University. If
you have patched before, only University is installed, otherwise the patch
runs first.

good sign." -G

Thankyou. That makes it much clearer.

MM