Restore Acer backup to different Laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
July 13, 2004 12:27:51 PM

Hello,

Here is my problem:

I have an Acer laptop that I had bought and died yesterday, however I
have made a backup of the entire Harddrive, and Registry useing
Microsoft Backup. The problem is I need to restore it completely to my
Sony Vaio Laptop of which I had bought yesterday.

I do a full restore with the option to NOT overwrite existieng files,
and when I restore the files it seems to have worked, but when
restarting it gives me a wrong OS Boot UP logo (Gives me Pro not Home,
of which the sony is Home) and it get's too a black screen before the
welcome screen and does not go past that.

What can I do to fully restore my data, however with the least minimal
time and effort.

Thanks and God Bless!

David Garza
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 6, 2010 1:33:04 PM

Tke out the hard drive (not hard). Buy a USB connector to your hard drive. It will be either IDE or SATA, and you can buy a connector tht does both for under $25. Then plug it into a diferent computer USB. It will pop up as an additional drive, like a USB stick does. Collect everything you want off it. Then you are safe to do whatever you want to the drive.