Help! Floppy drive refuses to read diskettes

Okay
Suddenly, messages such "device is not ready" or "this
disk is not formatted, do you want to format it now"
started to appear when I insert floppy disks in the drive
A:
Worst thing the device manager won't let me to delete A:
dirve controllers (standard generic drivers) so Windows
can re-detect hardware as suggested here:

us;131690

Strange thing is why Windows won't let me delete current
drivers!!! it displays a message such "select + to
display a list of available drivers for this device"
though I select right controller (expand all drivers).
I made every suggestion from link above with no results
and I'm start guess with proper device failure.

This is a 6 years old IBM 350 model refurbished, Pentium
processor, 48 MB RAM, 2.1 GB HD, NEC floppy drive device.

P.S. I noticed 2 identic generic drivers duplicated
under "floppy disk controllers" in Device Manager.

Please help

Dale
1 answer Last reply
More about help floppy drive refuses read diskettes

    Boot into safe mode and delete the drivers from there. If you still have
    problems, replace the floppy drive. They are cheap and easy to replace.

    --
    ~john aka: jopa

    "Dale" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Okay
    > Suddenly, messages such "device is not ready" or "this
    > disk is not formatted, do you want to format it now"
    > started to appear when I insert floppy disks in the drive
    > A:
    > Worst thing the device manager won't let me to delete A:
    > dirve controllers (standard generic drivers) so Windows
    > can re-detect hardware as suggested here:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
    > us;131690
    >
    > Strange thing is why Windows won't let me delete current
    > drivers!!! it displays a message such "select + to
    > display a list of available drivers for this device"
    > though I select right controller (expand all drivers).
    > I made every suggestion from link above with no results
    > and I'm start guess with proper device failure.
    >
    > This is a 6 years old IBM 350 model refurbished, Pentium
    > processor, 48 MB RAM, 2.1 GB HD, NEC floppy drive device.
    >
    > P.S. I noticed 2 identic generic drivers duplicated
    > under "floppy disk controllers" in Device Manager.
    >
    > Please help
    >
    > Dale

Configuration Floppy Disk Drivers Windows XP