Sign in with
Your question

Cannot Access My d:/ drive

Last response: in Windows XP
July 8, 2012 5:36:37 PM

Hello,
I used to be able in insert a CD-R or CD-RW into my d:/ drive and copy files to them. Now I cannot do this. I get an error message that says "You do not have access to the folder 'D:/'. See your administrator for access to this folder.

I am the administrator and thought I found out how to fix this problem, but apparently not.

HELP me please and tell me which steps I need to take to restore my getting access to my d:/ drive.

Thanks,
Judy

More about : access drive

a b \ Driver
July 8, 2012 5:41:36 PM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

You may have a User Account with administrative privileges but you may not be the Administrator. Restart and press Function 8 to see the Advanced Boot meny then select Safe Mode and log in as Administrator. If it's password protected, find out who set it and discuss your problem with them but if it isn't and you're the only user, see if you can gain access top D:\ in that account. Right click the D:\ drive and go to Properties then click the Security tab and give yourself permissions, including Full Control. If necessary, take Ownership of the drive and all sub-folders.

m
l
!